Children's specializedRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Children's specialized in New Jersey Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Does anyone have experience with children's specialized hospitals? It's my dream facility and I...by nrse20 Jul 29, '11Does anyone have experience with children's specialized hospitals? It's my dream facility and I hope after gaining 1+ yrs RN experience in a hospital to apply there. I was thinking of volunteering in the meantime to make myself known. just looking to hear anything from RNs who have experience there about what it's like, how to make myself more marketable there, etc
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=597615©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 870 Views
- Jul 29, '11 by JustBeachyNurseWhich location? Which unit (long term care, acute rehab, subacute rehab)?
- Aug 2, '11 by nrse20Anything! Either New Brunswick or Toms River. Inpatient mainly is my interest though
- Aug 4, '11 by nycNurse2bI'm interested in this post as well.
I really want to work in Mountainside - - anyone have info?
- Aug 4, '11 by JustBeachyNurseManagement has specifically stated they preferred RN's with 2-3 years of inpatient pediatric experience (minimum of 1 year inpatient pediatric). They require experience in pediatric trach/vent, g-tube (Many of the LTC patients have tube feedings & trach/vents). Depending on the candidate, inpatient rehab experience with adults may be accepted but pediatric experience is strongly preferred. (Most of the patients are on extensive medication regimens.) There is long term care and acute/subacute rehab in the inpatient units.
A suggestion from a former employee was to contact some of the pediatric home health agencies as many have significant training programs in pediatric trach, vent, g-tube. (Bayada is one that was suggested. however they require 12 months nursing experience (inpatient, LTC, acute, etc.) and transition to specialized pediatric home care/medically fragile child home care.)Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 19, '12 : Reason: clarification
- Aug 4, '11 by nycNurse2bMany, many thanks for your thoughful and detailed response. Your insight is greatly appreciated and I will definitely look into your Bayada suggestion.
Thank you again!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on May 21, '13
- Aug 5, '11 by nrse20Wow, thanks so much for all your information! Once I have that experience I'll look into the homecare suggestion too
- Aug 19, '12 by NurseJenny:-)I have almost 3 years with peds homecare. I've worked with gtubes, trach, and vents... Most of my clients come directly from Children's Specialized hospital! I'm a new grad RN after being and LPN for 3 years. I would so love to work there.
- May 20 by AshleyO77I wouldn't try the one in Toms River... TERRIBLE!!!