Who is waiting? - Page 2Register Today!
- Thanks, Becca...I was under the impression that the competition was much greater than that, but if thats what you were told at an info session - I'll go with that! Some girl in one of my A&P classes (who seems to know everything, if you know what I mean) told me that there were about 400 applicants and only 20 spots! I thought that with those numbers, my chances were very slim, but hopefully you 're right! Are you applying to GBCC Nursing to start in the fall?
Let me know!
- Feb 16, '09 by Becca2theresqI dont think it's quite that extreme, that sounds a little exaggerated. Did you apply anywhere else? Yes, I have applied to GBCC for the upcoming fall...I also applied to NHTI and Manchester Comm. Now all we can do is wait!!
- I know...I thought it was a little extreme as well...but didn't know otherwise, so I went with it. I didn't apply anywhere else, so I'm really trying to be hopeful that I get in to GBCC...I thought I'd feel a little more relaxed after the NLN and having everything in, but I don't! It's all in their hands now, but I'm still so anxious....just like everyone else though - I suppose.
how did you do on your NLNs? (If you don't mind me asking) I thought the science was very difficult..
- Feb 16, '09 by niko1999They have 50 some-odd spots available, and 20 for the waitlist, minus the seven that were left over from last year, and the person who was accepted but got pregnant, leaves about 42 spots open. You pretty much HAVE to have A&P done to get in, even if you score really well on the NLN, if you don't have those done, you will probably only get wait listed (I talked directly to admissions). There are about 400 aplicants, but due to either being incomplete or NLN scores being below 50%, they weedle them down to about 150, then they look at the people who were in the 90 percentile range, whether they had thier A&P done, and so on and so forth, so yeah, it is just about that extreme Good luck to everyone, can't wait to hear who got in where!
- Feb 16, '09 by Becca2theresqI can only remember what my percentile score was, 97, which is what I believe the school looks at. When did you take the test??
- thanks for the great reply..Its stressing me out because I don't know yet how I did on my NLNs but should know by the end of this week...how is the scoring done...is the composite score the actual number of answers that you got correct, and then the 10 pts. for references and the 20 for A&P I and II (which I completed both with good grades) I am just sooo nervous for the NLN results...the science was very difficult at times for me...
What is the highest score (to put it in perspective)....I don't really understand how the scoring works. I also heard they don't look at your individual class grades or GPA (which is kind of a bummer, as I worked really hard to do well) How did you do on your NLNs?
- I took the test February 7, 2009....called the NY headquarters to check the status of my results and the lady told me they were mailed out on Friday....but with today being a holiday and yesterday being Sunday...I probably won't see them until mid-late this week! It's killing me!
- Feb 16, '09 by niko1999It took three weeks for me to receive my scores because I took them right before Thanksgiving, it was the worse three weeks ever! I actually e-mailed them to make sure they had the right mailing address!!! I have had no luck with anything so far, manchester couldn't find my scores, exeter couldnt find my bio grade, then manchester AGAIN couldn't find my grades that were transferred, now they have everything and so does stratham. I am hoping that since it didn't go smoothly its a good sign! I was only 89th percentile, but I took the NLN last year, and got a 96% in verbal, and stratham admissions said that would boost me considerabley, and I have my anatomy done as well. It does kind of suck how they only go off of one single test doesn't it? And just because someone can test well, doesn't mean they will make a good nurse
- Feb 27, '09 by Becca2theresqThis waiting game is killing me!! Those of you who have applied to GBCC do you have any idea what the schedule is like for just the RN classes??? I am anxious to know if I can work my work schedule around school! Also, is anyone applying to scholarships, if so which ones???
- Mar 3, '09 by Animal3The letters should be coming soon!!! This wait is driving me nuts!