Saint Anselm- Good School for Nursing??Register Today!
- by winterluv10523 Jul 22, '07Hi everyone
I was wondering if anyone has attended, is attending, will be attending, or have heard anything about the nursing program at Saint Anselm College.
From what I was reading on their website, they incorporate theology and philosophy (sorry if spelling is wrong) as part of the nursing curriculm.
I don't mind having to take those classes, but does anyone have any information that I can use on helping me make my decison on applying.
Also, is chemistry a pre-req. either High school or college level chem.
I did not notice any chemistry courses in the curriculm, and that would be a plus for me.
I'm done with all my pre-req's and co-req's that are required for a BSN degree so all I need is to get into the clinical portion.
any info. good or bad would help.~~thanks
- Jul 22, '07 by HappyParamedicRNHi Winter,
St. A's has an EXCELLENT nursing program, as a matter of fact it is probably one of the best in state and has the highest NCLEX pass rate when compared to other universities.
I did not attend that school becuase it is VERY expensive, but went to a community college instead. So I am just going by what I have heard from multiple people!
Good Luck, especiallly paying the bill.
Sweetooth EMT-P, RN
- Jul 23, '07 by arciedeeYes, since St. A's is a Catholic college there is a theology component.
I have heard nothing but good things about the program and, in fact, my clinical instructor for my med-surg clinical this summer is a St. A's faculty member and she is excellent. It is expensive, being a private school, but I have no doubt that you would receive an excellent education there.
- Jul 23, '07 by kukukajooAwesome school!!!!!!
I did not attend as I think they did not want to take most transfer credits and the cost was too prohibitive to me being a single mom with twins in college. I live on mac and cheese as it is just going to community college!
- Jul 26, '07 by HappyParamedicRNhi Kuku,
Hope all is going well with your grandma and you can hit the nursing books again soon.
- Jul 29, '07 by kukukajooHey SWtooth- how are you!?!?! I am already hitting the books- no rest for the wicked!! I want to stay fresh- plus I am getting hands on with gram being here. Things are going way better than I expected! Thanks for thinking of me!
- Jul 29, '07 by HappyParamedicRNThat is great to hear kuku... glad things are going well for you, and good for you for taking your grammy in so she does not have to go to a ratty old nursing home!!!
I just started my new job, well the orientation part, I start on the floor this week.. nervous, but excited! enjoy the rest of summer!