CSN RN Fall 2012 - Page 17Register Today!
- May 16, '12 by speedym79I am also wondering about the toolbox class. Math is usually my best subject so I have been told two different things about taking the class. Is the teaching in the toolbox class more instructional than when the actual nursing school teaches it? Is the math that difficult where a person who has taken Algebra/Calculus would not be able to easily understand it without the toolbox class? My main problem is that I am already asking for a lot of help over then next two years with family members watching my kids and I really do not want to ask for even more over the summer. If it is that important though I'm sure I can arrange something. Any information would be appreciated.
- May 16, '12 by slinkyheadCNAoh its not suuuuppper difficult but i would take the toolbox class if you can. if you are familiar with dimensional analysis you will be fine. but the clinical instructors vary on how much instruction and help they give on it.
- May 16, '12 by Twinkle toezI chose option #7 for full time and Monday's afternoon pharm. Kebby it looks like we will. E in pharm together. I'm going to be out of town for the toolbox an I'm trying to decide if I need to cancel the trip. I understand the math is dosage calculations & dimensional analysis. I'm not strong with either. I'm a little panicked.
- May 16, '12 by stargurl2006I want the Monday afternoon pharm too. Hopefully it's still open when I go to register tomorrow!
- May 16, '12 by deni_anIf the online stats are correct it looks like Monday afternoon Pharm has 1 seat left. Hurry hurry!
I'm taking the toolbox. If I remember from Math 100b, drug dosage calculations aren't very difficult but there are a lot of variables. If I have to score over 90% on math test I'm going to need all the help I can get. I'll probably take it again over Christmas, and again in the Summer until I can do it in my sleep!
Also, just curious - those of you who are alternates, how many points did you have?
- May 16, '12 by stargurl2006Hopefully it's still there tomorrow.. It's the first day I will be able to get down to the school :-( *fingers crossed*
- May 16, '12 by KaylianaAll the past nursing students said to take the toolbox class. Does anyone know if you need a book for the class?
- May 16, '12 by Twinkle toezThere is a book, but the bookstore doesn't have it in stock. They were unable to give me an estimated arrival date.
- May 16, '12 by studentforlife77Note: The instructors do not at any point teach you how to do the dosage calculations. You are just expected to figure it out. I'm not even kidding. Take the toolbox class! If you do you will be doing yourself a favor. 1st semester dosage calculations are easy but when you get to second, the terminology is confusing. It seemed like when it came to second semester, students who took the toolbox class were teaching/ tutoring everyone who didn't take it before the test. Toolbox covers the nursing math for each semester, as well care plan writing. You will have so much other stuff to do when the program gets started. Don't get stuck teaching yourself the math and how to write careplans in vain.