Nebraska Methodist College Accelerated Program
- 0Feb 22, '07 by C6H12O6I am curious if anyone knows anything about the accelerated program at NMC. It is one of the only ones around that I can find who will accept you with an associates degree. How competitive is it to get into? How tough is the program? Instructors? I am looking for any information. Thanks!
- 0Mar 21, '07 by CaringTI just graduated from the NMC accelerated program. I don't think it's that competitive to get in; all depends on how many students are applying and how many they can accept. The higher your GPA is the better. The program wasn't too hard, just a lot of busy work. As far as the instructors to, there were great and not so good instructors. But you will find that anywhere you go.
Let me know if you have anymore questions.
- 0Dec 14, '08 by jellybeans81i am currently in the process of applying the methodist. I am really nervous about getting in and being able to get through. It is so intimidating. However, after visting a few other schools including methodist. They are the only ones who made me feel like I would succed and that they would help me to acheive my goals. It seems like it is highly competitive and really hard to get into. I have above a 3.0 from my BA and a 3.0 on my pre req science courses. I hope I get in. Did you have to do an interview? What was that like? Somebody told me to stay in touch with my admissions counselor since she reviews the applications. Do you think this is sucking up too much?
- 0Dec 17, '08 by jellybeans81Thank you. I am feeling a little better. A couple people I know who have applied have already received denail letter because of there gpa--that was last week and I have not received a letter yet. I am anxious and nervous at the same time. Methodist is the only positive accellerated nursing program I hear of all the rest sound painful. Thats good that it is not as hard as everyone makes it seem -- just alot of busy work and being organized. I talked to someone who is in the program know and she had really positive things to say about it. Can you REALLY not work. He said some in her classs work on the weekends. Thank you for repling. Happy holidays and congrats on making it through.
- 0Dec 19, '08 by CaringTThey strongly advice you against working while in the program, but a lot of people had to work and continued to work. They did just fine in the program. If you can manage it all, know how to prioritize then you shouldn't have any problems. We even had a girl that had a baby mid way through the program and she came back to school as soon as she delivered.
- 0Apr 1, '10 by iop123hi i am applying for spring 2010! i am applying at the second deadline in August. I live in California and I hear there is a math test during the interview? can anyone tell me specifics about the interview since I have never done a nursing interview i am pretty lost. Also what is on the math test!? this scares me! any advice! tahnks
- 0Apr 9, '10 by iop123Caring T..... Can you tell me alittle more about the interview? I will be flying out from California so I want to make sure it is worth it! What are some of the questions? any advice? Also math test? this is something i didnt know we had to do? i havent taken college math in 5+ years! any advice on what to focus on and study? i need all the help i can get....since i am trying hard to move to nebaska and can only move until i get into a school! thanks sooooooo much
- 0Apr 9, '10 by PrincessOQuote from knwgolfhmmm...I thought the interview was over the phone???hi i am applying for spring 2010! i am applying at the second deadline in August. I live in California and I hear there is a math test during the interview? can anyone tell me specifics about the interview since I have never done a nursing interview i am pretty lost. Also what is on the math test!? this scares me! any advice! tahnks