Nebraska Methodist College Accelerated Program - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 25, '10 by FutureCruzanRNQuote from knwgolfYes, you would have had to do the FAFSA.is the financial aid package someting you had to apply for? or do i get paperwork to fill out? i have tried the fasfa in the past and never got anything so i didnt try this year....since nothing has changed......i would love finanical help though so hopefully you can update me
- Aug 25, '10 by knwgolfany recent grads out there? i hear from friends that their nursing school gives random drug tests, or picks 2 names out of a hat per month to drug test students randomly.....does any of the occur at methodist? i know we need a drug test to enter the school....but anytime after that? not to worry i am not a druggie was was just curious since my nursing schools friends get them ALL the time....thanks
- Aug 26, '10 by anurseatlastI was never aware of any drug testing during nursing school.
- Sep 17, '10 by Acestudent21I completely agree with mochamonster! I graduated from the most recent accelerated class of 2010 CONGRATS to all of you that have been accepted. This will definitely be a life changing experience. I would like to add that even though the program is difficult you can have a social life. You just have to prioritize. I had classmates that went out every weekend. I was the occasional type, and most of my class graduated with honors or high honors.
You will quickly find that it wont pay to be competitive. Working with your fellow classmates will be very beneficial throughout the program.
As far as preceptorship is concerned.....it is roughly 5 weeks when you will be paired with a nurse at a hospital. You will complete approx 200 hours with that nurse. During that time you really wont have to go to campus except for once a week.
I absolutely loved the program, and would recommend it to any pre-nursing student. I went straight into a DNP program to become a nurse practitioner, and Methodist has definitely prepared me for that.
Hope that helps
- Sep 17, '10 by Acestudent21Never heard of the random drug tests either
- Sep 25, '10 by FutureCruzanRNI am getting slightly more excited everyday about school starting in January
- Sep 25, '10 by knwgolfFutureCruzanRN I am getting more and more excited too! im ready to go! i say this now but im sure a few weeks into im going to wish for my free time back!! I am also ready to meet everyone and see Nebraska!! must enjoy the sunny california beaches while i can!!!
- Sep 26, '10 by FutureCruzanRNQuote from knwgolfFutureCruzanRN I am getting more and more excited too! im ready to go! i say this now but im sure a few weeks into im going to wish for my free time back!! I am also ready to meet everyone and see Nebraska!! must enjoy the sunny california beaches while i can!!!
- Sep 28, '10 by HelloKitty123I'm excited to start the program as well. I just got a revised financial aid award and it looks like I won 2 scholarships so I am pretty happy about that. Anything helps!