After taking the exam failing the first time and finally passing the second time with 85 questions! I wanted to try and give some tips to anyone out there studying for the exam. Just some helpful pointers---some not ALL!
1. Know the effects of fluid overload and dehydration!
2. Know positioning of clients.
3. Know the effects of hypocalemia, hypercalemia, hyponatremia...etc. That is very important!
4. Know the different types of respiratory conditions ie. COPD, asthma.
5. Know your math conversions ie gms -mg.
6. Know the different types of hepatitis diseases.
7. Know priortization!! (very important).
8. Know lab values!!!! ie specific gravity of urine etc....
9. Kaplan was very helpful!!!
10. Pray to God every day that He gives you the knowledge you need to pass this exam.
Once you are all done and pass you can throw those INDEX CARDS AWAY AND BURN THE BOOKS!!!!!!
That is what I did!!! :roll
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!