"Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PNŽ Examin
- 1Jun 4, '12 by Assess&Safety1sthas anyone purchased the new linda anne silvestri phd rn "saunders comprehensive review for the nclex-pnŽ examination, 5e (saunders comprehensive review for nclex-pn)" 2012?
please let me know if you like the book, cd, contents?
the book will arrive by june 20th to my house.
- 9,911 Visits
- 0Jul 27, '12 by boogalinaI used this book to review for my NCLEX-PN exam, which I took and passed with the minimum number of questions. Due to a lack of time, I only did the diagnostic test from the CD, and the book questions in chapters 1-55, to ascertain areas I needed to review more.
I wish I had this book during my LPN year to use as a supplement to the learning activities through my program. I think my course test scores would have been higher.
I plan to use certain pages of this book as a continuing reference as I start my nursing career, and will buy the RN version of this book to use this coming year.
- 0Jul 27, '12 by iluvnursing07Yes there is no cd companion to the book anymore.it is based online where you need to register on their website. I love the book but not to fond of the questions. Thats why i purchased the kaplan qbank. Kaplan question are much harder and my scores arent great i feel like im losing hope in this test. Taken so numerous times and last test was near passing standard in all categories.
- 0Jul 28, '12 by Anne36I thought the Saunders CD with the 4th edition was too easy. Im sure Kaplan has a better questions bank. The 4th edition Saunders and the Kaplan 2012-13 Stratagies, Practice and Review were the only books I had to study for my nclex. I also used the nclex-3000 which was free online to do practice questions. I studied for about 1 month before the exam. Its good to review and study but I did end up with a bunch of questions on the exam I really didnt know the answer to and had to guess, was sure I failed it when it was over. Good luck iluvnursing07, hate that we have to go through the stress of this exam after nursing school.
- 0Aug 31 by Jericho9mmI used the 6th edition, and doesn't really have a lot of new things (my teacher has the 5th edition and we compared), I studied it and used the practice questions (minimum of 100 everyday) and it helped me to pass my board (I just found out trough quick results). Highly recommended!!!