"Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PNŽ ExaminRegister Today!
- by Assess&Safety1st Jun 4, '12has anyone purchased the new linda anne silvestri phd rn "saunders comprehensive review for the nclex-pnŽ examination, 5e (saunders comprehensive review for nclex-pn)" 2012?
please let me know if you like the book, cd, contents?
the book will arrive by june 20th to my house.
- 5,681 Views
- Jun 5, '12 by Assess&Safety1stthat's great to hear! i'm waiting for the book to arrive.....count down.
i'm still reading the 4th edition:d. when do you plan to take nclex - pn?
- Jun 7, '12 by ray87Weird. I asked a question to the elsevier people about the new nclex pn book and they said there is no cd, just a companion thing on the website. where did u buy the new saunders pn book?
- Jul 27, '12 by boogalinaI used this book to review for my NCLEX-PN exam, which I took and passed with the minimum number of questions. Due to a lack of time, I only did the diagnostic test from the CD, and the book questions in chapters 1-55, to ascertain areas I needed to review more.
I wish I had this book during my LPN year to use as a supplement to the learning activities through my program. I think my course test scores would have been higher.
I plan to use certain pages of this book as a continuing reference as I start my nursing career, and will buy the RN version of this book to use this coming year.
- Jul 27, '12 by iluvnursing07Yes there is no cd companion to the book anymore.it is based online where you need to register on their website. I love the book but not to fond of the questions. Thats why i purchased the kaplan qbank. Kaplan question are much harder and my scores arent great i feel like im losing hope in this test. Taken so numerous times and last test was near passing standard in all categories.
- Jul 28, '12 by Anne36I thought the Saunders CD with the 4th edition was too easy. Im sure Kaplan has a better questions bank. The 4th edition Saunders and the Kaplan 2012-13 Stratagies, Practice and Review were the only books I had to study for my nclex. I also used the nclex-3000 which was free online to do practice questions. I studied for about 1 month before the exam. Its good to review and study but I did end up with a bunch of questions on the exam I really didnt know the answer to and had to guess, was sure I failed it when it was over. Good luck iluvnursing07, hate that we have to go through the stress of this exam after nursing school.