Question about NCLEX and licensing

  1. Does anyone know any information about taking the NCLEX and getting licensed in a different state than what you went to school in? I am getting ready to start my last semester in Tx (WOOHOO) and my husband is military and got transferred to La in June '12. I will be immediately joining him upon graduation but since La isn't a compact state, I would rather get my initial license through La rather than Tx like my classmates. If anyone has any information, please let me know!

  2. Visit Jrwilliams profile page

    About Jrwilliams

    Joined: Jan '13; Posts: 21; Likes: 1


  3. by   Katie71275
    From my understanding, you need to apply to test in Louisiana vs Tx to obtain a LA license vs a Tx one as long as your school is approved by LA. Also, from my understanding, LA has some hoops you have to jump through so it would be much easier to get your LA license vs applying for endorsement from TX. Where is hubby? BAFB or Ft Polk? (As you can tell, Im from LA ) Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions!
  4. by   Jrwilliams
    Thanks, yeah, that is my plan thus far. I just don't know if I would directly go through La BON. I will have to research more. Our school director pretty much paints a picture for us and what to do, where to sign up etc. for after school, unfortunately, she isn't too knowledgeable about moving and those changes. And the hubs is at NAS JRB. I've been here since Dec on Christmas break, have to go back to Tx this weekend and not looking forward to it =(
  5. by   Katie71275
    Youshould be able to call the LA BON and ask them the process. THey deal with it all the time and will know for sure. Good luck!
  6. by   classicdame
    bsides the paperwork hassle there is additional expenses involved. I would contact the LA BON first