PTT is it 1.5-2.5 or 1.5 to 2?Register Today!
- by redsky Mar 25I always thought it was 1.5-2.5Xcontrol. Exam cram says 1.5-2X control.
- Mar 26 by redskyAnyone know the correct one?
- Mar 26 by BSNINTHEWORKSAre you sure you're not referring to the INR? I believe normal PTT is 25-30 seconds. I think normal PT(not PTT) is somewhere between 0.9-1.5. And normal INR is between 2-3 therapeutically. We don' give Coumadin if unless the INR is less than 3 at our hospital. Maybe you misread the question????? Of course, everything varies depending on the lab running the test but it still should be pretty much standard range.
PTT is sometimes referred to as Anti Xa (read as "anti 10a"). I would have another look at the question if I were you.
- Mar 26 by pnjabibarbieaPTT 20-36 Seconds- Therapeutic range 1.5-2.5 times normal (if longer than 90 seconds, pt at risk of bleeding)
- Mar 26 by pnjabibarbieConfusing part-
saunders says, PT value within 2 seconds (plus or minus) of the control is considered normal..... but then in the values section it says... PT 9.6-11.8 (male) 9.5-11.3 (female) is normal...
(PT higher than 30 seconds..pt at risk of bleeding)
im wondering if by the 2 seconds they mean 2 seconds of the range??
INR 2-3 for standard warfarin (coumadin) therapy
INR 3-4.5 High dose warfarin therapy.
- Mar 27 by redskyI did look in Saunders. It says therapeutic level is 1.5-2.5x control for PTT-heparin and 1.5-2xcontrol for PT-warfarin.