my little bit of adviceRegister Today!
This is a discussion on my little bit of advice in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... OK...I took the Kaplan course and used Saunders for review....The advice I got and am passing on...by cmsorra Jan 20, '12OK...I took the Kaplan course and used Saunders for review....The advice I got and am passing on is to focus on doing as many questions as you can everyday...focus on priority and select all that apply type questions..I have been a person with test anxiety for years..when I went in this past Wednesday to take the NCLEX, I just acted like I was taking another practice test, believe me there were more than a few that I literally had no idea about and actually had to guess... I kept getting these SATA questions and was actually getting ******..LOL.... I really think it was the mental aspect that helped me to not get so stressed out while taking the exam..
In my mind I was resolved that if I did not pass the first time , Oh well I obviously had more to learn and would just have to re take it...I think that thought relaxed me enough to just do it..
GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS TO ALL WHO HAVE PASSED AND ALL WHO WILL PASS
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=664481©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,500 Views
- Jan 20, '12 by NurseLoveJoy88Thank you, thank you, thank you. I took NCLEX-PN in 2009 and will take NCLEX-RN on monday. My anxiety level is so high right now. You are so correct when you say we have to have mental resolve. For the next 2 days I will remind myself that if I do fail it is NOT the end of the world and I have completed the hardest part, nursing school. I'm still a nurse and I will just have to push myself a little harder to pass the next go around. I'm at peace just knowing that it will not be the end of the world.
Thank you for posting.
- Jan 20, '12 by cmsorraI like you am an LPN also and went for my RN...Keep that frame of mind and please let me know when you pass...
- Jan 20, '12 by NurseLoveJoy88Quote from cmsorraI will keep you posted !I like you am an LPN also and went for my RN...Keep that frame of mind and please let me know when you pass...
- Jan 20, '12 by glj1322RNThat's the best way to handle your anxiety, good for you and congrats. I love reading good stories like this, it motivates me to do all that I can to prepare for the exam. I agree with the idea that if I ever fail that means there's a lot more for me to learn and I just have to take it again. And of course most importantly is the power of mind, "think positive". If you keep on thinking you'll fail then that's what will happen because negative thoughts do come true. Lol, that hit me when I read it too, I think I've read it here (allnurses.com).
- Jan 20, '12 by sweety_les07i am taking my nclex in a couple of days and i'm feeling anxious to the bones.
great motivation. thanks for sharing.:d
- Jan 23, '12 by PinkNBlueThat's kind of how I'm trying to go about it (even though I just found out I have a job waiting for me, which I am supposed to begin orientation less than a month after my scheduled NCLEX date... so if I fail (which I won't), I have a lot to lose). But I am try to keep my anxiety at bay and if I pass, it's meant to be. If not, what can I do?