Just passed nclex-RN in 75 questions - tips for everyone to pass on the first time! - page 2
by Yoshimitsu | 34,825 Views | 19 Comments
so i posted on the forum a couple of days ago with my scores and i was pretty nervous but i went and took it test cut off at 75 questions, did the Pearsonvue trick got the good pop up, checked my quick results today and i passed.... Read More
- 0Mar 27, '13 by nurseat56Thank you to everyone for the good tips and good advice I received on this site.
I took the NCLEX this a.m., got 75 questions and the good popup, so I am hopeful. Hoping that I have been successful, I wanted to pass a few points along:
1. I studied Saunders and Exam Cram questions and rationale. If I needed content, I went primarily to reliable online sources or some textbooks.
2. I studied about two hours a day for 3 months.
3. I recommend memorizing ABGs (O2, CO2, pH, HCO3, etc), EKG, Cranial Nerves, Infection Control, (My chicken hez TB, Spiderman, Mrs. Vee and VChips for sure) Basic Labs (platelets, WBC, RBC, K, Na, Glucose, etc) and restraint procedures.
4. As I got closer to number 75 on the test, I prayed to get more questions, because I was sure I was failing. When it turned off at 75, I wanted to cry hysterically. If the good pop up worked for me, then my experience was the same as so many others: you leave the exam feeling like you failed it miserably, and you might have passed.
5. I got my first SATA at question number 6, and got one every third or fourth question after that. I got one pretty tough math calculation towards the end. My last five questions were not SATA questions.
Good luck to all; I am in an early result state, so will let you know in a couple of days if I passed.
- 0Jul 9, '13 by charleegeorgehello,
So i took my examlast week after taking the Kaplan in class course did all the question banks and failed. I studied for hours every day for about 4 weeks. I am getting so down and dissapointed. I wanted to find out from others what they think I should focus on to pass. I was going to get the hurst review from a friend. I just want to make sure I am focusing my time on the best possible resources. Since Kaplan decision tree didn't work for me what will?
- 0Jul 12, '13 by NeNeB@ Yoshimitsu Can you please email me the Hurst Lectures, any notes you have and the link to download Kaplan QBank @ firstname.lastname@example.org I have taken this test twice and I spent almost $1000.00 on reviews I cant afford to spend no more money but any help possible is needed
ThanksLast edit by NeNeB on Jul 12, '13
- 0Jul 12, '13 by MouseyMouseCongratulations!Thanks for the tips! I'm using Kaplan Qbank and Qtrainers as well!Just like you, I would read all the rationale of each answers whether I got them right or wrong. Then I would write down the topics that I missed and study them afterwards. I take the test on the 22nd and I hope to post here that I passed the test, too!