Graduated nursing school but haven't passed NCLEX
- 0Jan 26, '13 by sassybabyI graduated nursing school in January 2 years ago as LPN. Instead of taking the test right away I waited because I allowed my fear of failing to stop me. I decided to take state boards that December but failed. Since then my fear has grown and my confidence level completely dropped. I know nursing is everything to me. I love it. The fact that I haven't been studying due to this lack of confidence along with life struggles and all the time that has passed I feel I don't have the knowledge and it'll be even harder to pass. I just don't know what to do.....
- 0Jan 26, '13 by JrowGo over your schoolwork. Purchase an NCLEX guide. What makes test taking difficult for you? Research ways to handle test anxiety. I do the same thing to myself. And I've learned I need to test in absolute silence. I make flash cards. I listen to podcasts while I'm falling asleep. Wish you all the best
- 1Jan 26, '13 by cindjo717What about a refresher course? Try not to be so hard on yourself, your heart seems like its really in nursing. . You would be a great asset to the patients, just think how many people are missing out on you. Don't waste anymore time try and make a plan for success.
- 0Jan 28, '13 by nursemorganJust get up & try again. Give it your best shot! Do a refresher course & get this lippincotts book filled with questions & the Kaplan strategies book & get Saunders. Those are very good as well go on this website learningext.com you don't have to use everything I'm telling you but you can check them out & see which ones would seem more to help. I wish you all the best & I know you can do it!! :-)
- 0Jan 28, '13 by EMEddieFirst forget about the past, about the failed NCLEX, about the fear of What if?
Take a Review class, Hurst should be good for content and once you review content for maybe a month hardcore, I am talking about 6-7 hrs a day, every day start doing practice questions. Read rationales on wrong/right ones.. A lot A lot of questions to build confidence, knowledge and also mental stamina.
Believe in yourself, if you dont believe in yourself, no one else will or can. Every day is a new day, start tomorrow and kick some amazing butt!!