ATT, NCLEX-RN Test day, Pearson Vue trick, Verifying license online?Register Today!
This is a discussion on ATT, NCLEX-RN Test day, Pearson Vue trick, Verifying license online? in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Hey guys, I took my NCLEX Oct. 11 in Texas. I started my test 8:00am and finished by 9:30am with...by mmel025 Oct 28, '12Hey guys,
I took my NCLEX Oct. 11 in Texas. I started my test 8:00am and finished by 9:30am with only 75 questions. Here are some things that I wish others had told me prior to taking the test:
1) How long does it take to get ATT (Authorization to Test)/ where can I go to check my status?
I graduated officially from my school at the end of August (31st). I didn't get my ATT until 9/19. After that the closest testing site soonest date to test was Oct. 11th. Others in my class took the test sooner because they choose other testing sites. I think the soonest date for my class mates was Oct. 2nd.
You can check the status of your ATT (in Texas at least) on the TX Board of Nursing website. Enter your information and find out your status: https://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/applstatus.html
2) What happens on test day?
You are asked to be at your testing center 30 minutes before your test starts. Everyone starts at different times. The sooner you get there the faster you can begin. Once they verify you with your license and ATT you have to palm scan/ finger print and take a picture at the testing site. You are given a locker to place your belongings because you can't enter into the room with anything. Someone walks you to your computer where you begin your exam. You are given a eraser board which you aren't allowed to write on until after the tutorial. You are recorded at all times. You are also given bulky headset to block out the noise.
I can't remember how long the tutorial is (I believe 5 questions) but they count towards your 6 hours. I thought this was a waste of time but if you need it, it is there. The tutorial just made me more nervous because I just wanted to start answering questions.
If you want a break you have to raise your hand and be escorted out. You can't just stand up. You also need to palm scan if you do take a break. Break happens after 2 hours if you choose to take one.
Once you finish the test and your screen goes blank you have to survey at the end. By this time I was freaking out about my test and wanted to get out asap. They make you take the survey before you can finish which is no fun because I just wanted to cry because I thought I failed.
3) How soon does Pearson Vue trick work?
My testing center is a five minute drive away from my house. I took my test and 10 minutes later the good pop up comes up. I believe Pearson Vue trick works immediately.
4) How soon does Verification online of your RN happen?
In Texas, RN status are updated on the BON online every Tuesday and Thursday. All you enter is your first and last name and your information should pop up. (has to be 48 hours after your test though)
5) How soon do you get your license if the mail?
About a week after you pass NCLEX you get your license.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=794773©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,312 Views
- Nov 1, '12 by Nursingfem007Congrats. What did u use to study.
- Nov 25, '12 by AustinTTUHSCstudentI've heard about this Pearson Vue trick before.... can you explain it a little more? What did you mean by "the good pop up comes up"?
- Nov 25, '12 by Silverdragon102Quote from AustinTTUHSCstudentRead the very large thread discussing the trick at the bottom of the main NCLEX forum pageI've heard about this Pearson Vue trick before.... can you explain it a little more? What did you mean by "the good pop up comes up"?
- Dec 14, '12 by pens623wow....every state is different, but regardless, it's all very stressful!! I'm in Ohio and am just posting to state my experience even though I do not yet have results for my exam. I got on the Pearson Vue site when I returned home immediately following my boards. I got the "good" pop-up message that stops me from re registering. I have tried this SEVERAL times since and continue to get that same pop-up. I have also logged onto https://license.ohio.gov/lookup/default.asp and my status in still "pending". It has only been a little over 24hrs since I sat so am still hopeful and will post again when I get something concrete. Am catching myself taking lots of deep breaths...the stress can be absolutely overwhelming. So God willing, those of you reading this will see your license #s soon, as will I Blessings to all of you.
- Dec 14, '12 by BORI-BSNRNI am going to test tomorrow for the first time. Thank you so much for the advice of what we should expect at the beggining in the test center that's very helpful for me> )
- Dec 14, '12 by BORI-BSNRNohhh BTW CONGRATS RN!!!
- Dec 14, '12 by pens623ok, so as far as I can tell, the pearson vue "trick" works. As I said in my earlier post, I got on Pearson Vue's site and tried to re register as soon as I got home from testing and got the good pop-up message. the ohio license lookup website (https://license.ohio.gov/lookup/default.asp) now lists a license # for me, so I did pass. Haven't come across anyone that was able to sign in and re register if they actually did pass the exam, so while it wasn't convincing to me until I could actually see my license # on the OBON site, it does appear to work. God Bless to all who were sooo supportive w/me while I was awaiting results