Licensure requirements for MontanaRegister Today!
- by ahhback2MT Oct 2, '06Hello all,
I'm looking to transfer my RN license to Montana. Can anyone tell me the licensure requirements here? Thank you! :wink2:
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=182351©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,189 Views
- Dec 20, '06 by funinsunHi all,
I know this is late, but I just wanted to let you know that I transferred my license from NC and it was not difficult at all, took some time for paperwork but nothing else. It's not a 'compact state" yet, but again, except for the paperwork doesn't take long. Best of luck to all your endeavors..
- Dec 21, '06 by suzanne4You do not transfer a license, you endorse the one that you have and continue to have it until it expires.................if you do not renew it. You do not transfer a license in the US.
You just need to apply for "License by Endorsement" and follow what they want and pay the fee.
And even if it were a compact member, if you move your legal residence, then you would still need to go thru the endorsement process.
- Dec 21, '06 by ginger58Why don't you just contact the MT BON via email or phone? You'll need their paperwork anyway.
- Dec 21, '06 by funinsunSorry, that's what I meant, I did endorse my license to Montana.. It is just filling out paperwork and did not take long..
- Aug 10, '08 by fisher chickHello, I'm trying to get a Montana Nursing License. Do you know what is required? I am an RN from Oregon, but my degree is from Regent College in New York. This was corrisponant degree and I don't know if that is an excepted degree in Montana.Last edit by fisher chick on Aug 10, '08 : Reason: mis spell