Licensure requirements for Montana

  1. 0
    Hello all,

    I'm looking to transfer my RN license to Montana. Can anyone tell me the licensure requirements here? Thank you! :wink2:

    Get the hottest topics every week!

    Subscribe to our free Nursing Insights newsletter.

  2. 5 Comments...

  3. 0
    Hi all,

    I know this is late, but I just wanted to let you know that I transferred my license from NC and it was not difficult at all, took some time for paperwork but nothing else. It's not a 'compact state" yet, but again, except for the paperwork doesn't take long. Best of luck to all your endeavors..
  4. 0
    You do not transfer a license, you endorse the one that you have and continue to have it until it expires.................if you do not renew it. You do not transfer a license in the US.

    You just need to apply for "License by Endorsement" and follow what they want and pay the fee.

    And even if it were a compact member, if you move your legal residence, then you would still need to go thru the endorsement process.
  5. 0
    Why don't you just contact the MT BON via email or phone? You'll need their paperwork anyway.
  6. 0
    Sorry, that's what I meant, I did endorse my license to Montana.. It is just filling out paperwork and did not take long..
  7. 0
    Hello, I'm trying to get a Montana Nursing License. Do you know what is required? I am an RN from Oregon, but my degree is from Regent College in New York. This was corrisponant degree and I don't know if that is an excepted degree in Montana.
    Last edit by fisher chick on Aug 10, '08 : Reason: mis spell

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.

A Big Thank You To Our Sponsors