Missouri Salary Poll - Page 5Register Today!
- Jan 3, '09 by TeleNurse2010Quote from maggijoThere are quite a few nice houses for under 100k in various parts of St. Louis County, especially with the economy as it is now. Houses in the Ritenour, Pattonville, Hazelwood school districts, which are pretty decent. Of course there are plenty of private schools around as well. I'm sure some foreclosed homes can be found in some higher priced neighborhoods, but if one really wants a deal he/she can definitely find it here.Yeah, StL is cheap compared to other cities, but under 100k for a nice house?? Where? I would think these houses are not located in high quality school districts.
- Jan 16, '09 by misty63090I work in a small hospital as an lpn, and my base pay is $14.67 + $3.75 from 7pm to 11 pm, and $14.67+ $4.75 from 11pm to 7am, and an additional $1.50 per hour for weekends. Not too bad, but I can't wait to graduate w/ my rn.
- Jan 23, '09 by MnemonicFanaticI graduated this past December, and today I found out the good news- I can add R.N. after my name!!! I passed the NCLEX!
I am planning on moving from NJ out to the St. Louis area (Chesterfield, to be exact) this April, and this thread has been a great help. The job prospects in NJ are truly slim to none with this economy. The shocking thing is the pay, but I'm comparing it with what I'm used to here in NJ. I know the cost of living is also less, and that, too, is what I'm looking forward to.
St Lukes is at the top of my list so far (I have a few others that I'm also applying to).
- Feb 20, '09 by gigi_rnLPN 8 yrs, RN 14 yrs (gave me 2-for-1 for my LPN yrs)
29/hr base 15% nights, 20% wkend
CV stepdownLast edit by gigi_rn on Feb 20, '09 : Reason: more info
- Dec 10, '09 by RN-BS1972amen sister
- Dec 25, '09 by docpsychrnst. louis - $34.00/hr + $2.00 for eves + $3.25 nights + $2.00 weekends + $10/hr if working for bonus shifts. i am making the most money i have ever made in my +20 years of nursing. working for it but worth it! i thank god everyday for my job and i work hard to make sure i keep it.
- Aug 4, '10 by marieree924Quote from mondkmondkIs the RN/DON salary really only 50K? It seems like it should be so much more than that. I was shooting for the 60K.The last nursing home I worked at paid me $19.68/hr. and that was with 16 years of experience in geriatrics. I just interviewed for a PRN job with Corrections and would start at $25/hr. with evening and night shift differentials I think around $2 (I can't remember what exactly she quoted me).
A base nursing home RN/DON starts at $50k/year for ADN's as well as higher degrees.
We live 2 hours north of Kansas City. We just bought a house 2 years ago with 4-5 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms and 2 acres of land for $134k. Cost of living here is very cheap.
- Aug 8, '10 by LericalpoetHello I'm a new lpn moving to Columbia / Jeff City area. What can I expect to make in nursing home setting? 3-11pm is the shift I'd love to work. Thanks in advance.
- Aug 12, '10 by marieree924to the lpn going to columbia/jeff city...around 10-12 an hour