starting salariesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on starting salaries in Minnesota Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I'm out of state in nursing school right now but want to move back home to MN after I get my degree...by starlight13 Jan 22, '07I'm out of state in nursing school right now but want to move back home to MN after I get my degree in december. Just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much new RNs can hope to make in the Minneapolis and surrounding areas. Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=202593©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 15,428 Views
- Jan 23, '07 by pat8585yeah, i posted a question about if minnesota was hiring for nurses and so far, no one answered so wondering about the job market here?
I live in minnesota and i have HEARD (not vereified) that minnesota starts RN's at around 20 bucks an hour.
Probably get more in the twin cities.
- Jan 23, '07 by xptp29aAccording to Salary-dot-com, in the Minneapolis area:
50% of staff nurses earn between 56K to 67K per year. And on the low end 51K; on the high end 71K.
I'm only a pre-nursing student so I can't back any of this up. Hopefully we'll get a bona-fide Minnesota nurse to verify this info.
- Jan 23, '07 by WannaBeNrseHi,
i am also only a pre-nursing student, but according to the statistics of my college (graduate job placement), around here newly grad RNs start anywhere from 16-30$/hour- so i guess an average of 20 sounds about right. i live in the country (mcleod county), though, twin cities metro might pay more.
- Jan 24, '07 by SanskeetRNI know in St. Cloud New grad nurses start at $25/hr which is similiar from what I"m hearing from classmates looking in the Cities.
- Feb 6, '07 by Pucca73I just graduate from nursing school and found a job in a hospital even before I graduate. All MN hospital pay new graduates who without any experiences $25 per hour, if you work at straight evening or nights, there will be variable pay. About how easy to find a job, I will say it is not that hard. At least, most of my classmates found job before graduate. Another suggestion, finding a nursing assistant job in a hospital, it helps a lot.
- Mar 14, '07 by SassybottomI know the answer to this one! I just talked to a recruiter recently. $26.21/ hour for newly graduated nurses. $30.21/ hour of you work the night shift.
- Jun 10, '07 by sweetiezOh nice! This will be nice to know when i come close to grad!
- Jun 16, '07 by starlight13Quote from Sassybottomwow! thank you, that's great to hear, it's a lot more than the offer here which is $19/hourI know the answer to this one! I just talked to a recruiter recently. $26.21/ hour for newly graduated nurses. $30.21/ hour of you work the night shift.
can i ask which hospital that recruiter was at?
- Jun 18, '07 by sweetiezhow nice.....!!