starting salariesRegister Today!
- by starlight13 Jan 22, '07I'm out of state in nursing school right now but want to move back home to MN after I get my degree in december. Just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much new RNs can hope to make in the Minneapolis and surrounding areas. Thanks!
- Jan 23, '07 by pat8585yeah, i posted a question about if minnesota was hiring for nurses and so far, no one answered so wondering about the job market here?
I live in minnesota and i have HEARD (not vereified) that minnesota starts RN's at around 20 bucks an hour.
Probably get more in the twin cities.
- Jan 23, '07 by xptp29aAccording to Salary-dot-com, in the Minneapolis area:
50% of staff nurses earn between 56K to 67K per year. And on the low end 51K; on the high end 71K.
I'm only a pre-nursing student so I can't back any of this up. Hopefully we'll get a bona-fide Minnesota nurse to verify this info.
- Jan 23, '07 by WannaBeNrseHi,
i am also only a pre-nursing student, but according to the statistics of my college (graduate job placement), around here newly grad RNs start anywhere from 16-30$/hour- so i guess an average of 20 sounds about right. i live in the country (mcleod county), though, twin cities metro might pay more.
- Jan 24, '07 by SanskeetRNI know in St. Cloud New grad nurses start at $25/hr which is similiar from what I"m hearing from classmates looking in the Cities.
- Feb 6, '07 by Pucca73I just graduate from nursing school and found a job in a hospital even before I graduate. All MN hospital pay new graduates who without any experiences $25 per hour, if you work at straight evening or nights, there will be variable pay. About how easy to find a job, I will say it is not that hard. At least, most of my classmates found job before graduate. Another suggestion, finding a nursing assistant job in a hospital, it helps a lot.
- Jun 10, '07 by sweetiezOh nice! This will be nice to know when i come close to grad!
- Jun 16, '07 by starlight13Quote from Sassybottomwow! thank you, that's great to hear, it's a lot more than the offer here which is $19/hourI know the answer to this one! I just talked to a recruiter recently. $26.21/ hour for newly graduated nurses. $30.21/ hour of you work the night shift.
can i ask which hospital that recruiter was at?
- Jun 18, '07 by sweetiezhow nice.....!!