MN Program Interviews - Page 8Register Today!
- Anyone know how many get interviewed vs how many admitted?
- I heard last year that the interview was really conversational. I'm just really glad it's one person interviewing rather than a group interview. A friend of mine who has been interviewing for med schools mentioned how some of her interviews were set up as a panel-- multiple students and multiple faculty. That sounds AWFUL! We're lucky in comparison!
- Feb 27, '10 by MauriceRCLast year there were 95 interviewed and 48 accepted and I bet this year will be the same or close to.
- Yeah, I just found that page now too. I guess 50% isn't too intimidating...
- Mar 1, '10 by reh-studentYes, about 50%. Even though applications were up by about 12% this year (which means about 281 applicants) I would guess they would stick closer to absolute numbers because of the limitations of staff for doing the interviews.
- Mar 1, '10 by Runner*GirlI am new to this site and found this thread. I was invited for an interview next Friday and I am nervous too. I am glad to find others in my positions!
- Mar 10, '10 by reh-studentMy interview is tomorrow morning.
- Mar 11, '10 by MauriceRCGreat news to calm your nerves; this year they are accepting 64 applicants instead of 48! I went to their informational meeting today and they said this is the first year they increased the number of applicants who are accepted. This year 283 applied, 103 interviewed, and 64 will get a "YES!"
They also said the NCLEX pass rate was in the mid 90s (but didn't give a specific number) and said that 99% of their students graduate from the program in 16 months (meaning virtually no one flunks out or is dropped).
How are your interviews going? You're all sharp as a tack, I'm sure everyone did great!
- Mar 12, '10 by mld1980Had my interview this morning. I think it went well, but who knows really?
Everyone else had their interview?
- Mar 12, '10 by reh-studentI had mine yesterday morning. I think it went really well too. The only thing is that because it's so conversational it's hard to tell if you've really answered their questions. I mean she asks something, I say something, she asks something else and suddenly we're both on tangents.
But I got positive feedback about my essay so I think that's a good sign. )