Mayo Clinic Summer III 2012Register Today!
- by _ac_ Jan 12, '12hello all!
i just thought it'd be neat to start a thread for those who applied for mayo's summer iii program for 2012. i applied during the middle of december and am anxiously waiting for my letter to come in the mail next month!! i guess this is a post just to say "hey!"
- Jan 13, '12 by mattersoftheheartRNI applied at the very end of last month. I'm anxiously waiting as well.
- Jan 15, '12 by masoissoI also applied in December... Just waitin...
- Jan 16, '12 by mattersoftheheartRNI ended up applying to two internships, and I'm hoping for MayoClinic the most.
- Jan 16, '12 by _ac_I applied to a couple other ones as well, but this is the one I want the most, too. Mayo's program offers the most it seems!
- Jan 17, '12 by WorldTravelingYogiI was stressing out last weekend trying to get everything together at the last minute. I wrote the essays weeks ago and then when I started to apply it asked for a resume which was not updated so I spent a day and a half on that. Then I tried applying again and it wanted a cover letter so another afternoon on that. These things were to mentioned in the info area where they mentioned the essays and copy of transcripts. This is the only one I am applying for and the only one I want.
I have a 3.89 GPA and I hope that is good enough. I know two people in it this past summer and both were 4.0 students. I know my essays are amazing. Everyone that read them said I should get in on the essays alone.
2008 there were 600 applicants, 2009 there were over 700, not sure about 2010 but in 2010 there were over 1,000 applicants. So there are probably 1,200 or 1,300 this year for 100 slots.
So less than a 10% chance. I hope everything was good enough. I can't tell you how bad I want this.
The email they said mentioned we would hear back in January but I thought it was February. Anyone know for sure?
Good luck everyone!
- Quick question: I applied for the program as well, but I didn't include a cover letter since I thought writing 3 essays is probably all they need. Did you guys include a cover letter? I'm going to call HR tomorrow and make sure my application isn't considered incomplete :/
- Also, I heard we hear back early early February!
- Jan 17, '12 by mattersoftheheartRNI just put everything it asked for, to be on the safe side. It didn't state that was it was needed on the program page though, which is why the resume and cover letter caught me by surprise.
- Same! Also, i felt like I wrote so much about myself in the essays that a cover letter would be redundant---now I'm freaking out.