HCMC interviewRegister Today!
- by mitch8lem Aug 21, '08So I am totally excited to say that I have scored an interview at HCMC. I have dreamed of working there since I started nursing. I want to prep for the interview. Any advice as to questions scenarios to be prepared for would be greatly appreciated. It is an RN new grad position.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=327608©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,338 Views
- Aug 22, '08 by Salgal08Good for you!!
Some questions you might be asked are:
Why did you choose HCMC?
What do you know about HCMC? (websites are a good resource!)
How do you manage stress/conflict?
What are your strengths/weaknesses?
Why did you become a nurse?
You might want to post your question on the general nursing forum too, you will probably get more responses.
Good luck at your interview!!
- Aug 24, '08 by brianCongrats on the interview! I enjoyed my years working at HCMC!
Salgal08, gave you some good advice.
What department or specialty are you interviewing for? That may also be helpful for users to give you advice.
- Aug 25, '08 by HM2VikingRNCongrats...I am right down the light rail at VAMC.
- Feb 23, '10 by benitaraeCongrat's on the interview. I recently had an interview there also. I have not heard yet. I was let go from a job 6 mos ago and am getting really down. I'm thinking perhaps telling the truth was not such a good idea. Any advise on to tell the real reason you were let go VS lie? Never been fired before in my 20 years of nursing.