University of Michigan (UofM) Accelerated program - Page 5Register Today!
- Feb 10, '09 by melh2osJust got my acceptance via Wolverine Access today!!!! I am so RELIEVED!!! I have been stalking my mailbox incessantly. I applied in August but was not considered complete til 1/5/09 (they wanted a transcript from one of my fall semester classes). I am in organic chem right now, and just have to finish either micro or genetics this summer and I am all set. YAY!!!!!!!
- Feb 10, '09 by jkb1999Where did (or is) everyone taking their pre-req's??? I am looking at 2010 program so you all are my
- Feb 10, '09 by SusanKathleen, RNCongratulations all you who got in!!! It's a good program, and goes VERY fast! We have 51 in the class this year, and last year, there were 48. I guess they're trying to accommodate more to address the shortage or the huge number of applicants.
Regards, Susan K
- Feb 11, '09 by LovinbeingaMommyI finished my application on October 31st, I just received my letter last Friday... and it was a YES Currently I am doing my Organic/Bio and Patho. I am going to try and do the CLEP for the Human Growth class and take the Micro and Pharm in Spring/Summer... any ideas on the cost? I thought I read somewhere awhile ago that it was about $24,000.00 - I am terified if I get a C in my CHEM that I will get booted from the list... any thoughts? Thanks in advance!!
- Feb 11, '09 by melh2osI've spread my prereqs out among 5 schools in the last 2.5 years...OCC, WCC, Wayne County, Henry Ford and Schoolcraft, just based on scheduling needs. I work full time in a totaly non healthcare related field, so all my prereqs have been done online or at night. a lot of my undergrad credits transferred for electives.
- Hi everyone!
I am new to all nurses and I just wanted to say congratulations on everyone that got accepted to U of M! I also applied to U of M and my application on file is finally showing complete, so I hope I get in, but I think I may have been later than most of the people to get my application in on time. So we will see what hapens!
- Feb 12, '09 by wannabeanurse84Hi,
I just found out that I was wait listed two days ago.
Does anyone know the numbers around wait lists? How many they put on the wait list or how many they accept from the wait list (on average) every year?
- It seems like either people got in or got wait listed. I haven't heard of anybody that hasn't gotten in yet. I applied late, so I bet either I won't get in or get waitlisted. I am not sure how many waitlisted people actually get a chance to start in the fall. I wonder how the wait listed people are ranked.
- Feb 12, '09 by 320Nurse320I am not sure either but I'm on the waitlist at U of M as well. I heard some good news today though! I was on the waitlist at MSU and they called me and offered me a spot! So it is still possible don't loose hope I had and look what happened!
- I am happy for you!! I applied to MSU and i didn't get in, because I didn't realize they were going to use my 2 old science classes from 12 years ago to calculate my science gpa so that brought me down. It wasn't on the pre-requisite list, so I just assumed I didn't need to retake basic bio or basic chem again.