UD MERCY - Just got my acceptance letter!!
- 1Sep 4, '09 by WLJ2009Hey All!
I just got an acceptance letter from UD Mercy for the ABSN. SO EXCITED. Does anyone have info/tips? I live in California, so what part of the city should I live in when I move there? Anyone else just get accepted?
Thanks! ANy info is so appreciated!
- 8,029 Visits
- 0Sep 4, '09 by wife&mommyRNcongrats on your acceptance . anywhere in metro detroit would be fine to live, i live west & love it because it seems to be closer to everything, right in the middle. the university isn't located in the best area so i wouldn't suggest staying close to the school. expect @ least a 20 min. drive. best of luck!
- 0Sep 6, '09 by 777RNCongratulations! That's great!
I, too, am looking at the UDM program. Considering that you're traveling a long distance to attend, what made you choose this program? Also, would you mind sharing a bit about how you plan to finance it? One of my concerns with the program is leaving it with a large amount of debt.
Sorry, I can't recommend any particular places in the area, as I'm relatively new here. However, I moved here for family reasons unrelated to school.
Best wishes to you!
- 0Sep 6, '09 by WLJ2009Hi Wendy!
Well, I am 27 and returning to school. Nursing was always what i wanted to do, I just got sidetracked in my first round at college and ended up doing other things. When I decided to go for nursing again, I got a list of schools with accelerated bachelor programs, and researched as many as I could. Turned out I met the requirements for at least 10 schools that had application deadlines this fall. So, I just sent about 7 apps out to schools where I met the requirments. Im single, dont have kids, and am at this point where i know nursing is what I want to do with my life, so moving across the country is a small thing to me. Also, I hear UD Mercy is a good school.
I plan on financing it with student loans. The debt does seem scary, but to me, it seems so worth it knowing I will finally be an RN. I am always hearing stories about it being so hard getting in to nursing school, and now that I am in... I am so excited, I dont mind moving!
WHen do you plan on applying and what other schools are you considering?
- 0Sep 6, '09 by 777RNHi again!
I'm considering the following programs (in no particular order): University of Michigan ABSN, UDM ABSN, Oakland University (OU) ABSN, and Oakland Community College (OCC) accelerated ADN. I'm also interested in the University of Toledo direct-entry master's, but I really want to finish as quickly as possible, so that program may not be right for me, as it's two years in length.
This semester I will finish all the prereqs for OCC and any other community college programs that I might later consider. I'll need one more semester to finish the prereqs for the ABSN programs. So, I hope to start a program next May, in the case of UDM, OU, or OCC; the UMich and UT programs start in the fall.
When do you plan to start the UDM program?
Thanks for replying!
- 0Sep 6, '09 by WLJ2009Sounds like you have good options! I also have an interview at Georgetown this month... which would be my first choice. But UD Mercy sounds awesome too, so I won't be too disappointed if I don't get into Georgetown. I'm just excited that I can finally start my education and become a nurse... As I find out more info on UDM I will keep u updated!