Oakland Community College - page 2
What are the pre reqs for thier nursing program? On the site I only see about 7 classes.... Read More
- 0Jan 8, '09 by Ms. Nurse AssistantQuote from Ready2hittheHospitalI'm currently a student there. I spoke with my counselor and she told me I also needed Math and ChemistryThat information is no longer correct. I checked with the counseling department and was told, that its no longer active. There is no Priority 1 or 2. You have to have all of your pre-reqs completed
- A &P 1 and 2
- Microbiology with lab or Microbiology of health and disease
- English 1510 and 1520 or Professional Communication instead of 1520
- Intro to Psych
- American Government
- Humanities Elective
- Physical Education
- 1Jan 9, '09 by jugreQuote from Ms. Nurse AssistantI know how you feel! I knew that I got a bad grade in Chem in high school and I had no idea if I had to take Math or not! You should get a copy of your high school transcripts. You'll need it to apply to the Nursing program. That way a counselor can tell you if you need to take it at OCC. Be sure to talk to a counselor that is familiar with the program.I don't even remember that far back lol I know I passed Algebra 1 in high school, not sure about Algebra II. As for Chem, I was never good in that, probably a D
- 1Jan 9, '09 by skitty4444I actually go to PSI in Ohio for the LPN. I was thinking of going to Oakland for the LPN TO RN. I have done all my prereqs for the assoc degree at WCCCD, and it looks like they accept them, I need 1 or 2 for Oakland.Its probably harder to get in to the Rn program because of the many applicants. They sounded like they dont get as many for the rn to lpn program. They do favor those who have taken the prereqs there I read.
- 0Jan 9, '09 by skitty4444I haven't been up to the college yet. I am in an LPN program in Ohio now and almost done. You can't even apply for the lpn-rn until you have a liscense. But thye have different programs there for those who go through the whole thing.
There's never a guarantee, but if you get good grades Im sure you will have a good chance. Good Luck