Who HATES the term MURSE? - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 2, '09 by Paco-RNI have seen that term used (on a reality show no less) to refer to a "male purse", a handbag similar to a small backpack or that metrosexual men use to carry around their toiletries and stuff. I prefer nurse, 'nuff said. Imagine the uproar women physicians would have if we walked around calling them "foctors" ... hmph!
- Aug 11, '09 by exit96First time hearing it...already HATE IT!!
- Aug 11, '09 by StNeotserI hate it.
- Aug 11, '09 by arelle68"Murse" is really quite a lovely term, if you just consider the possibilites. Allow me to illucidate you:
E-Murse: It's how you get into baptised into the Baptist Church.
Sub-Murse-d: Now your deep in thought.
Murse-a-dees: Even cooler than a Volvo.
Hey! You could add an "a" to the end, and "presto!" you think about something that reminds you to wash your hands!
And you thought a murse was a murse!
- Aug 12, '09 by arelle68Have murse-y!!! Oh, you KNEW that was coming, didn't cha!?
- Aug 12, '09 by cop2bnurse41Who gives a flying #@$#!!! We are what we are.
- Aug 12, '09 by pelsmithThe only place I've ever heard the term is here on this message board.
- Aug 13, '09 by Mr.Bar-be-SubQMy GF just got me a Murse t-shirt (with a man holding a specimen cup saying"I'm gonna need a sample of that",which i thought was funny as heck with many lol's.
So thats how I feel about it, its a word.
- Aug 15, '09 by Pat_Pat RNI like, "Nurse with a penis". That is hilarious.
- Aug 20, '09 by footsoldierHey everybody, virgin poster in the house.
Lets face it mursing is the future, so get on board!
I don't care if its a man bag or an insult.
I recall one episode of Greys, not that I watch it, but
one of the male medical officers (hehe) accused the skinny lead mo
of being a ''nurse'' and she took total offence.
The root meaning of nursing is something like -to suckle. Well
thats not really what we, especially the menfolk, are about these days.
Technical jargon would truly nurse/suck. So why not embrace the humour
and self depricating nonmenclature. My only other suggestion is
Toilet Brush. Hello Mr Smith, I will be your nurse today but you can just call me TB.