ixchel, BSN, RN 41,643 Views
Joined Jun 3, '11.
Posts: 5,154 (75% Liked)
OP, A+ for creativity. That's definitely a new one! You do realize, though, that the other 50% of thefts are by females, though, right?
Seriously. I'm just diving in right now.
As an AN member...
1. I absolutely, positively can NOT figure out a damn thing on desktop via mobile AN. Somebody, for the love of god, I've been finding my posts by clicking on notifications, going to likes, and following them to stuff I've bookmarked. I'm on safari on iphone. I found something that MIGHT be bookmarks, but crazy old threads are mixed with new ones. I am wondering how the heck I managed to stay active before the app. Maybe it was regular desktop pre-mobile desktop in those days. I can't remember, but I was never morefrustrated than I've been this week. Speaking of... Anyone able to link me to last week's thread? I hadn't posted in it before I lost app access. So now it's missing. Not really missing, just impatiently missing. YOU GUYS. I seriously can't get into this site anymore when it's this much more of a hassle.
As a patient...
2. Another hassle - STD's clinician feels that my claim is not extendable. Obviously my job as a bedside nurse is not relevant. Nothing was done on their end to review this until a few days before my claim ended. Two weeks now waiting on their decision and they're now requesting old records prior to my claim beginning. I'm pretty sure, if we keep this simple, if my surgeon feels my body is not capable of being at the bedside, and my hospital wont take me back as a result, then the insurance I have paid for without using for years now should continue my claim until I can fulfill the duties of my job.
As a hospital employee:
3. AND ANOTHER HASSLE! HR. I'm not going there. I just wont. It's been bad enough.
As a patient's mom:
4. Turns out my kid probably wasn't on abx long enough. Pretty sure Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever is back. No new ticks, no new exposures. I just think he wasn't treated long enough. New labs drawn. 21 days of doxy ordered. Waiting on lab results. So very thankful for the docs at my kids' pediatrics practice. I wish I could find adult doctors this wonderful.
As a person who napped in an empty house today, after several days of feeling a sinus-y thing looming over me:
5. My brain has managed to combine:
(1)a David Bowie and a John Lennon (adult) kid documentary (pre-Bowie death, late 80s-ish) (spoiler: there was sex but after Lennon was gone)
(2)filming a Lannister scene with the Lannister boys (the grown ones, not the kings) (spoiler: Brienne ends up with Tyrion. I did NOT see that coming.)
(3)filming with a realistic Stark direwolf model trying to bite my leg off (I was actually afraid) (spoiler: it was Aryas)
(4)and it was all with the dark undercurrent of TWD, where a shadowy Negan-esque character kills off a GOT character, but you wont know who until next season
All of this in one dream. I skipped the part where a person I haven't seen in 18 years was there with his new husband. Flew in from Oregon. Or was it Washinton? I honestly cannot remember now. I'm still confused about the elbowy sex.
I really don't actually have anything else to add. I didn't expect to be starting this this week. If there is another one out there done by the person I'd already talked to, I never heard back - I'm sorry! (Please see lesson number 1.)
I'm just going to be vague, if you need more info I wouldn't mind pming you, but assault, resisting arrest, dv and shoplifting, and public indecency. The public indecency was i got drunk and ran down a motel lobby with no pants, i had on a long shirt and underwear,so not even close to naked. I wanted to clarify that one, cause first question i get is are you a sex offender. None are felonies all are misdemeanors.
I am a holistic nurse.
My patient had a fever. I gave him ice and Tylenol.
He has an infection. I gave him antibiotics and probiotics.
He was in pain. I repositioned him and gave him morphine.
When he's less ill, I'll try my best to talk him into a flu vaccine.
He has abusive relatives and a crappy house for PT. He refuses STR and wants nothing more than to sleep in his own bed. We got a home health company that knows him already. He says he isn't being abused. We can't help him with this.
His skin is reddened. We gave him a foley and vitamin D/zinc ointment.
My patient has been sad and anxious. I hold his hand while we reminisce about old days gone by. Stories of my kids give him hope for tomorrow.
I AM A HOLISTIC NURSE. I think homeopathy is junk and I believe vaccination is almost as holistic as it gets in terms of prevention protection of communities.
I am a holistic nurse that believes in evidence-based complimentary modalities. Evidence-based only.
And I'm beating a dead horse so I think maybe I'll bow out now. [emoji23]
Have you thought about hanging up this nursing thing.. and writing romance novels?
I learned it's awkward to stop and get a bite to eat after a shift that ended crappy (after working 4 of the past 5 days) and hear the person at the table behind you say to their companion "she was my nurse in the hospital". I just pretended like I didn't hear and minded my own business. I quickly ate then left to make my 45 minute drive home. It also made me happy I don't work closer to home and that I don't have to worry about that happening often (although I know since I was in my uniform I was easier to recognize).
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how do/did you respond?
Glad you found it because when I searched for it again, it was not where I left it!
Love me some molly.hershman!!! When I'm old and crumbly, I want my nurse to be a molly.hershman.
FYI, I would have (and have) gotten the old guy a sandwich - much easier to eat one-handed.
Well, during my recent clinical i gave one HTN med at 105/90 .. Client went to 90 and 85 (shortly after) systolic. My Clinical instructor insisted it was Ok to give to keep the Client within the base line (your point), Client's primary nurse was Not happy.. not at all.
I found this thread!!!! Omg I can't believe I just found it. It was on, like, page 4 of search results.
Guys.... There is a new thread up now. I didn't expect to actually find this thread, so I didn't save the link. I'll try to come back with it. If you happen to be better at this and you don't see I've come back here yet, please post the link!
Talk, Discuss, and Share your experience at your favorite Nursing School.
Advertise With Us