Would you trade a great team for an easier floor? - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 7 by turnforthenurseRNI work on a PCU and my floor can be VERY busy...but I always work with an awesome team. I would never trade that for an easier floor. I have been floated to an easier floor (floor was desperate and management wanted to still give me my hours) and I much rather prefer my crazy floor with a team I know I can depend on.
- Feb 8 by buytheshoes11I would definitely keep the great team I work with and our busy floor over an "easy" floor with terrible teamwork. My coworkers make those bad shifts more bearable.
- Feb 8 by PediLove2147I agree with everyone here. My coworkers are one of the main reasons I am where I am still. It's definitely not the population I want to work with (our floors are actually very similar) but they make it worth while.
- Feb 9 by iluvivtA great team is far more important than the workload. The workload gets done much easier because of the good team. You can go to a floor with an easier patient load but because of the lack of teamwork or one or two toxic people it becomes a nightmare. So stay!
- Feb 14 by Nurse ABCI once read that job satisfaction was rated much higher no matter how crappy the job if you enjoyed the people you work with. I would much rather work with those that had my back anyday no matter how hard.
- Feb 20 by INparrotheadI agree with staying. I've been pulled to the "easier" floors and the nights are horrible just because the nurses and aides don't interact. That being said, there are some nights I walk onto my unit, see who's on the schedule, and just shake my head. But when the team is good, everything else goes ok, no matter how crazy the pts are.
- Feb 24 by Ivana RN-BCNo, I would not.