UMass Boston accelerated BSN 2013Register Today!
- by abqbbq Nov 20, '12Hi all,
I saw a topic for people that applied last year, but wanted to start a new one for everyone applying this year. Still a long time until the application deadline, but I have some questions I hope others might be able to answer:
1. Has anyone that's applied before sent extra rec letters? I think they said something about this during my info session, but I can't remember. I don't want to just make them think I wasn't paying attention to the requirements.
2. Does anyone know the translation service they said to use for non-English transcripts?
Thanks! All the info sessions are filled up, or I'd just go to another one!
Good luck to everyone applying
- 12,972 Views
- Dec 8, '12 by pura-vidaI'm applying here too, but I do not know the answers to your questions. I'm in a couple other groups and it's good to get a lot of people on the threads. Have you sent your application yet??
- Dec 9, '12 by PennySI can only answer your first question as I just attended the Info session this past week. They said to be very choosy and only send two recommendations. They said they get tons of applications and do not have the time to review any extras. HTH!
- Dec 11, '12 by donnelly123How are people approaching the essay "What is a professional nurse?" Are we suppose to talk about why we want to become one? why we think it would be a good career? or just what we actually think a "professional nurse" means? Seems like a vague question..
- Dec 12, '12 by PennySQuote from donnelly123I think they intentionally made it vague to see what people come up with. I plan on putting a more personal spin on it. I don't think they are looking for any of us to write an essay about the history of nursing but don't quote me on thatHow are people approaching the essay "What is a professional nurse?" Are we suppose to talk about why we want to become one? why we think it would be a good career? or just what we actually think a "professional nurse" means? Seems like a vague question..
- Jan 8 by Faith327do we complete the undergrad application and what do we put for "applying as" ? transfer student ???? and there is only space to list one person for one letter of rec. but I know that they require two ????
- Jan 25 by MissB1920Any other hopefuls apply yet??
I'm waiting on a few things before submitting my application...
Any UMASS Accel BSN alums around, care to share their experience from the program?? likes??????? dislikes???????/
Suggestions for us HOPEFULS???????
Many thanks in advance?????
- Jan 26 by tsanotelis11Yes you apply as a transfer student. I also had a question about the reference part on the application. I am not sure what to do there, it would be very helpful if people shared what they did for that part of the application, thank you!!!
- Feb 6 by abqbbqAnyone heard/received anything yet?