RN Refresher programs in MA???Register Today!
- by KARENRNBOSTON Dec 27, '06Hi All,Last edit by KARENRNBOSTON on Aug 19, '07
- Dec 27, '06 by GratefulHeartI would contact the Office of Health and Human Services in Massachusetts, and try to speak with someone in the Board of Registration for Nurses at their "Contact Us" phone number. Tell them specifically what you're looking for and ask for their suggestions.
- Dec 27, '06 by KARENRNBOSTONThanks GratefulHeart,Last edit by KARENRNBOSTON on Aug 19, '07
- Dec 27, '06 by P_RNHave you contacted the board of nursing to see what they have to offer? We have a couple of online sites in my state. You then go for a clinical I think 3 Saturdays. I'm a bit rusty myself, and my BON said refresh or show 30 CEs. The CEs are easier but a lot more expensive.
Here is the page from my BON with the 3 that are approved/online.
South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and RegulationLast edit by P_RN on Dec 27, '06
- Dec 28, '06 by MARIAN202Boston College Has An Excellent One
- Dec 28, '06 by KARENRNBOSTONThank you for all your replies. I plan to make many calls next week. Seems everyone has short or limited work schedules this week.
I have found 4-5 programs but only 2 so far have actual direct pt care components. I think I am leaning toward the one at Boston College. Although it is the more expensive of them I took my NCLEX review there and they did an excellent job.
Thank you again for your help.
- Dec 29, '06 by Ginger's MomSome of the state schools offer one, Mass Bay is one.
Where are you going for your MSN? Perhaps once you do your practicum you will feel more prepared.
- Dec 30, '06 by KARENRNBOSTONThanks Alexk49 - I checked Mass Bay website but there was nothing listed for a refresher program. I've got a long way to go until my MS clinical work & I need to get back to work. Thats why I figured the refresher would help. I will call after the holiday. Hope you all have a good one. Happy New Year!
- Dec 30, '06 by Ginger's MomRN Refresher Course - College Of Nursing - University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
I knew I saw a state program
- Jan 3, '07 by RENAISSANCE RNHi,
If you dont want to go to a formal one. I know Leahy Clinic has a RN reentry program.