Nursing homes pay??Register Today!
This is a discussion on Nursing homes pay?? in Massachusetts Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Just wondering what the average nursing home salary for an RN is in the Boston area. I'm a...by mb19 Aug 3, '12Just wondering what the average nursing home salary for an RN is in the Boston area. I'm a new grad having a hard time finding a job and thinking about starting to apply to nursing homes in the area.<br>Thanks for any help!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=766651©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,366 Views
- Aug 3, '12 by Esme12It depends......have you thought about an LTAC? or long term acute care.?
- Aug 4, '12 by sbostonRNI second Esme...LTAC will give you great experience! I just started at one a few weeks ago and already I've learned a ton.
Nursing homes in this area don't pay much...I was quoted by two within 10 miles of Boston...between $23 and $24 an hour for a new grad ASN. My fellow new hires who had BSN made 50 cents more in some cases.
- Aug 6, '12 by ivyleafI was quoted $27/hr starting as an RN with 5 yrs experience in psych but none in acute or LTC. This is less than 5 miles outside of Boston. Is this reasonable??
- Aug 7, '12 by Esme12Yes......that's about right.
- Aug 7, '12 by ivyleafWould it be appropriate to ask for more ($30 or 31)? I make a little over $34 full time and have another PD job where I make $40
- Aug 9, '12 by mb19I have applied to some LTACs but haven't heard back yet. Do those generally pay better than nursing homes/assisted livings?
- Aug 9, '12 by Esme12Yes.....Have you applied to the LTAC in Peabody??? They pay well but you will work your legs off.
- Aug 12, '12 by CapeCodMermaidWe start new grads out at $24-25. With experience and shift diff, the staff nurses are making closer to $30.I can't find enough experienced nurses to work. I love new grads but I can't have a whole building full of them.