NEU Direct Entry Online? - page 5
by cwrn1 38,022 Views | 189 Comments
Hello, I was browsing the Northeastern University website and saw there is a new Direct Entry (Online) BSN/MSN program that is located out of the Burlington campus. They don't require the GRE's for this program, but they do for... Read More
- 0Jun 1, '12 by ltcwallHi adamember not everyone gets selected for an interview. The interview was very informal. I think it is important to emphasize that you are a self starter since this is an online program. Basically sell yourself and whatever you don't act you want to be In nursing for the money:-)
- 0Jun 2, '12 by adamamber1Thanks guys, I submitted my app last week and heard back within 3 days for an interview. They said they were scheduling them for Tuesday and Thursday of next week. I definitely can sell myself as a self starter because I have completed mostly online classes for the last few years since I had my children. I am worried that the fact that I live in Maine and have young children will make them nervous that I am not able to dedicate myself. I know I can do it and am usually pretty good at interviews, but I am so nervous for this one. I don't have many other options since I live in a rural area and direct entry programs are limited around here. I can't relocate because I have a young family. Does anyone know the ratio's I am up against? How many people apply to this program (I know it's new) and how many are they selecting for the Fall?
- 0Jun 6, '12 by hellosunHi everyone! I'm hoping to apply to this program for next fall '13. Has anyone actually started it yet? If so, please let me know how it's going! This program would be great for me since I will be commuting from about 40 minutes away to labs and clinicals, but since the classes will be online I won't be commuting nearly as much! I also am looking to be a neonatal NP and as of right now that is apparently one of the only options available for the MS portion of the hybrid program.
Would anyone who was accepted mind telling me if a GPA of 3.62 and experience shadowing nurses, working in veterinary hospitals and doing a little volunteering in a nursing home and elsewhere would have a good chance of getting me in?
- 0Jun 6, '12 by Cm401Adamamber1, how did your interview go? I was called (finally!), and my interview is tomorrow. It's over the phone. I'm trying to prepare what I'd really like to say and ask so that there aren't too many awkward pauses. Hopefully all goes well and we both get in!Last edit by Cm401 on Jun 6, '12
- 0Jun 7, '12 by adamamber1cm401---The interview was very informal and alot faster than I thought it would be. I dont know if it had to do with the fact that the interviewer wasn't feeling well, if I didn't strike her fancy, or if that's how they do it...I think I did well. She basically asked about why I wanted to be a nurse, what my supports were for getting through an intense program, and how I saw myself in the field. Nothing unexpected or surprising. Hope all goes well and let me know how it goes...
Itcwall-how long after you interviewed did you hear back? Did you get an email, call, letter? They said it wouldnt take long, 1-2 weeks at most.. Im dying until then.
- 0Jun 8, '12 by adamamber1itcwall-that was quick..hope I hear back just as fast...how was your interview? was it fairly fast and simple like mine? I'm sure everyone's is different, but I'm worried that mine was too fast and I didn't get a chance to discuss everything I had prepared to discuss.
cm401-How did it go?