Annapolis area schools...Register Today!
- by Addy3 Apr 5, '10Hi, my husband and I might be moving to Annapolis in 3 years and I really dont know the area very well. My tentative plan is to find a BSN program out there to get into but the closest ones I could find are in Baltimore about 25-30 miles away! Is that too far given traffic and all the trips to school? Is there something closer? The closest I have lived to there is Quantico, Va and the traffic was BAD.
Thanks for any advice, I need it!
- Apr 6, '10 by Nurse2bKimberlyAnne Arundel Community College is the closest but is very competitive to get into. Are you interested in an ADN or BSN program?
- Apr 6, '10 by Addy3I would like my BSN. Doesnt it seem like community colleges are harder to get into? Or maybe its just the waiting lists....
- Apr 6, '10 by Nurse2bKimberlyAACC doesn't have waiting lists but still its super competitive. I think they only take 60 ppl per semester. Bowie State University is about 20-25 minutes away from Annapolis & offers a BSN.. it also started offering an accelerated BSN program but the program is somewhat new & still ironing out the kinks..
- Apr 6, '10 by nursingstudent221The ones I know are ib balitmore. Anne arundle cc has and which is close to aanapolis. A drive from annapolis to balitmore has a lot of traffic durning rush hour.
- Apr 6, '10 by Jules AMany people commute from Annapolis to Baltimore and with school hours it shouldn't be bad especially in the mornings.
- Apr 6, '10 by Addy3Really? Thats good to hear, honestly thinking about the commute really freaks me out! I looked up taking public transit and the estimate was 2 hours
I dont know if we will be able to take a trip out there before I apply to schools, so talking to people who are familiar with the area is really helpful!
- Apr 7, '10 by Jules AIts a beautiful area, close to DC, Baltimore and NYC. If you aren't going to be living on base housing you may even end up closer to Baltimore anyway because its kind of expensive in the vicinity of Annapolis.
- Apr 8, '10 by Nurse2bKimberlyQuote from Jules AIts a beautiful area, close to DC, Baltimore and NYC. If you aren't going to be living on base housing you may even end up closer to Baltimore anyway because its kind of expensive in the vicinity of Annapolis.
Ditto to what Jules said. Maybe you should check out apartments in Glen Burnie. The rent is cheaper up there from what I've been told from friends/coworkers & its closer to Baltimore than Annapolis.
- Apr 8, '10 by Addy3Thanks I will check out the surrounding areas. We actually have 4 kids, so we will need to rent a house. The military gives us Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) and its adjusted according to the area you're stationed in. From pictures I've seen it really does look like a gorgeous area! Hopefully I will have time to enjoy the surroundings while I am in nursing school......