Why a Nurse?Register Today!
- by Ant24 Jan 7Hey fellas, so just thought I'd see everyone else's thoughts on this?
1) WHY NURSING?
3) LIFE GOAL AFTER NURSING?
1) I choose nursing to be a direct impact on people's lives and encourage people to do things they think they can't do.
3) Possibly working towards a masters in nursing or going the pre-med route. Would like to work as an ER nurse and ICU nurse for a couple of years. Also considering the idea of flight nursing...
- Jan 10 by npratt101) nursing to save people's lives
- Jan 10 by npratt102) age 18
3) after finishing BSN in 3 years and paramedic certificate commission in the military, then when I'm done pursue some advanced practice
- Jan 12 by NurseGuyBri1) The opportunity to enter an profession that has a respected status and needs a little new age lift to it. My goal is to teach co-workers, friends, colleagues that nurses dont eat their young and teach them to lift up and improve day after day.
3) Life Goal is to teach, whether it be in current form (nurse management) or education and practitionership (DNP)
- Jan 15 by ♪♫ in my ♥1) Well-paying job with a modicum of job security in an interesting field that provides human interaction and the opportunity to (at times) feel good about what you're doing. 2) 44 at graduation, 48 now 3) Life goal? To be a happy and content man who's a good husband and father, loyal friend, and respected colleague. Professional goal? To become one of the go-to nurses in my ED, perhaps ultimately to serve in roles of educator and quality/safety.
- Jan 15 by savoytruffle1) to help the elderly get the quality of life and dignity they deserve. They are under served. 2) 34 (after my birthday in 10 days) and 3) MSN in administration starting this spring. Considering DON or healthcare administration and possibly politics to help shape nursing practice laws and healthcare reform
- Jan 19 by AndrewM1) I want to have an impact on as many people as I can, to help them live healthier fuller lives. (quality over quantity)
2) 27 (2nd semester BScN student)
3) Complex care, BICU, or perhaps try for NP.
- Jan 21 by Kiwiguy1) WHY NURSING?
An interesting question. I have always been a caring person. When i was younger i cared for animals and as i grew older that caring attitude was applied to other people as well. I spent 8 months in and out of hospital when i was 19 after being diagnosed with bone cancer. The experiences i had during that year i believe is the primary reason i am in nursing school now, It was a lonley time for me and while my family played the largest role in my treatment and recovery, i had a great nursing team and a male nurse who were magic for me. I guess i am aspiring to be like them.
3) LIFE GOAL AFTER NURSING?
At the moment i have one year left in my degree, I am considering getting into Oncology because of my past, but mental health and medical have also proven to be interesting. I am interested in trying out rural health. My main aim is to be happy, and i have found that helping people enables me to be happy. so its a win win career for me.