What is the first thing you are going to buy once you are a nurse? - page 9
My first major purchase will be....wait for it.......A HOUSE, lol. I know some of you are like "WTH" lol. I am going to work my ass off that first year or so for a down payment. What are you losers *ahem*, I mean gentlemen... Read More
- 0Jun 9, '12 by Mini-MurseQuote from Faith2012Principal.I will put every dime towards the principle on my home, then after two years ima buy my Ashton Martin!!!!
Good luck finding an Ashton Martin.
Where do all you people saying youre gonna buy a house and buy a $75k car think you're gonna get the money? RNs make decent money, but you're not exactly instant millionaires. You have student loans, then you have bills, then you have certifications, etc.. then MAYBE you can have some money left over for frivolities.
But you really think you're gonna be handed a check for $200,000 the day you get your license?
- 1Jun 9, '12 by CarolesChoiceI'm having to sell my beautiful red Avalanche to pay for the first semester or two of tuition. Right now, I need the money more than I need my beautiful truck. When I get done with school, though, I'm gonna be on the hunt for a beautiful red convertible that will seat all four of my dogs and my husband!
- 2Jun 10, '12 by plumbtricianNothing. My life won't change a bit when I have the privilege of treating patients in the hospital setting, etc. As for the generous paychecks that nurses receive, please save for retirement and make smart decisions with your newly earned grip. You are not a balla, you are a nurse.
- 0Jun 11, '12 by seanynjboyQuote from Living4PeaceYO!!! Well...I ALREADY BOUGHT A HOUSE 2 YEARS AGO AND I AM 28 YEARS OLD...SO HA!!! lol. My first purchase (after loans are paid off) Is either going to be a car (yeah, nice creativity) or save a lot of money to build a house. I bought a quasi-cookie-cutter house on the end of a cul-de-sac. LOVE IT. But I want my own everything. I want to design it from the ground up.My first major purchase will be....wait for it.......A HOUSE, lol. I know some of you are like "WTH" lol. I am going to work my ass off that first year or so for a down payment. What are you losers *ahem*, I mean gentlemen going to buy?
Most likely going to keep this house as a rental since it is close to a university :P
- 5Jul 5, '12 by TurtleLittleCome to think of it, I never thought of buying anything for myself when I get my first paycheck as an RN. Well, thinking about car of some point but the most compelling thing from the bottom of my heart I would and probably will do is to buy a LV bag for my mother. I don't care if that means being wasting money or unpractical to some ppl. It is a matter of pride & love.
When I came to this country, my mother had to put up with so much craps and push her limits in her 50s all over again for my family. Some fairly well earning relatives bragged with my mother about their LV bags and stuffs and she just smiled it off. She truly thinks a LV bag has always been just some never-came-true super unrealistic luxurious dream for a woman like her. I mean my whole family were practically homeless with no English, no money, no job, no education, no real skills whatsoever ....so an LV bag? Come on! Then the same relatives (GO figure!) told my mother that nurses make pretty good money, have a stable job, and earn high respects from their hard-work/competitive education and contribution to society but "dream on your kid probably only can just work in the factory IF he is lucky. Might also take him couple more years to study English in college before anything". Funny that the counselors in my college told me the same BS. lol
I told my mother: "Bring it on! Mom, I will become a nurse at the shortest time as possible from my standing and I buy you a LV bag like it's no big deal!"
I came to this country in 2007, started going to college in 2008 and will be graduating my BSN in this December 2012. Can't wait to prove that I am keeping my words to my dear mom soon! Happy July 4th everyone! This country is so beautiful. ^^