The Guys Club: Guy Students Come on In! - Page 137Register Today!
- Jul 3, '11 by Elie07Hi all! I've just signed up to this site and i'm suprised to see so many guys including me. I'm a second year student in nursing from the university of ottawa. I've met a lot of guys in my program but they're mostly older than me (i'm 22). I'm doing a bachelor's degree in nursing (4 yr program) and thinking of doing my masters: i'm thinking of becoming a nurse practioner.
As of now my grades are higher than 80% in all my classes (physiology, psychology, microbiology, anatomy.ect) maybe one day i'll consider medecine, we'll see. Glad to meet all of you and I want to congratulate all of us for our hard work.
Oh by the way, having to study with all of these female students isn't that bad! Especially when you're single like me Oh and all of the students i've met thus far are very nice, helpful and supportive so no complaints here.
- Jul 16, '11 by natefromeaHello everyone! I just found out a few days ago after being on a waiting list for 2 years that I will be starting my associates nursing program next month! It is an accelerated program, so I will be done in roughly 16 months. I'm married with 3 kids and can't tell you all how excited I am to finally start working towards my goal! I'm interested in working in pediatrics. Any ped nurses out there?
- Jul 18, '11 by zimmerhawkHey, I'm a little concerned about how this will be when I start the RN program this fall 2011. I dont know what the ratio is yet. I worked construction before. I expect this to be a big change. Thats a big part of the reason I decided to get into nursing. Change.
- Jul 19, '11 by I am that I amGreetings all! Starting BSN at Towson University this fall (Hagerstown Campus). Long time lurker here but decided to finally register. Went for New Student Orientation and was the only guy there. Hopefully when we all get together for Nursing Orientation, there will be more! Graduate of SP' 2013 in the making
- Jul 24, '11 by PokytrokytI just finished my BSN at Georgetown, and starting tomorrow I'll be an RN in the Cardiac ICU at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD.
In my BSN class of 57, there were 8 guys. Given all the medics doing tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, I'd expect to see more and more guys going into nursing.
- Sep 28, '11 by JihwanHi guys,
I'm in the 1st year of an RN program in new york. I'm finished with Fundamental and Psyche. I'm taking MediSurg in this semester. MediSurg is pretty tough. It's killing me.. , but hopefully, everything will be ok in the end.. I'm one of about 10 male students out of about 70 students.
- Sep 28, '11 by dgrigsI am currently an LPN, when I finished my course I was one of only two males in the class!! I am getting ready to start back in an RN program, hopefully the ratio will be a little better this time, but i doubt it
- Oct 5, '11 by ProVisionColorI'm a career changer too. Going from a cushy lucrative finance job to nursing! I think most people will think we are crazy for making such drastic changes, but they don't feel the call to serve like we do.
Doing my pre-reqs now (Anat and Phys is a bugger!) hoping to start nursing school beginning of the year. Don't know how I will be able to work full time to take care of my amazing wife and two incredible kids and go to nursing school at the same time, but God's made crazier things happen in my life so this one will work out to!
Glad to be aboard. Good luck to you all.
- Oct 5, '11 by PneumothoraxHi, im not a dude, but a girl
Just poppin in to say hi & keep up the good work. & thanks for not being catty ..lol i get tired of hanging around so many girls =\
- Oct 15, '11 by Keither01Hello guys,
I am an LPN student in New York State. This program is very hard to get into and I was on the waiting list last year and got in this year.
There is only about 20 students in my class and I am the only male in the 1st year class. There are about 3 or 4 males in the 2nd year class.
I am enjoying it very much and doing well so far(90's average).
We have our 1st clinical next weekend at a nursing home and I am a bit uneasy about it as I have never done this before....school work is one thing.