The Guys Club: Guy Students Come on In! - page 137
Hi All! I'm a crazy father of 2 ex-premed who just recently turned down Northwestern to go into a RN program. I already have an Associate in Science, but I'll be getting another ADN and then go to a 4 yr school. When I... Read More
- 0Jul 16, '11 by natefromeaHello everyone! I just found out a few days ago after being on a waiting list for 2 years that I will be starting my associates nursing program next month! It is an accelerated program, so I will be done in roughly 16 months. I'm married with 3 kids and can't tell you all how excited I am to finally start working towards my goal! I'm interested in working in pediatrics. Any ped nurses out there?
- 0Jul 19, '11 by I am that I amGreetings all! Starting BSN at Towson University this fall (Hagerstown Campus). Long time lurker here but decided to finally register. Went for New Student Orientation and was the only guy there. Hopefully when we all get together for Nursing Orientation, there will be more! Graduate of SP' 2013 in the making
- 0Jul 24, '11 by PokytrokytI just finished my BSN at Georgetown, and starting tomorrow I'll be an RN in the Cardiac ICU at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD.
In my BSN class of 57, there were 8 guys. Given all the medics doing tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, I'd expect to see more and more guys going into nursing.
- 0Sep 28, '11 by JihwanHi guys,
I'm in the 1st year of an RN program in new york. I'm finished with Fundamental and Psyche. I'm taking MediSurg in this semester. MediSurg is pretty tough. It's killing me.. , but hopefully, everything will be ok in the end.. I'm one of about 10 male students out of about 70 students.
- 0Oct 5, '11 by ProVisionColorI'm a career changer too. Going from a cushy lucrative finance job to nursing! I think most people will think we are crazy for making such drastic changes, but they don't feel the call to serve like we do.
Doing my pre-reqs now (Anat and Phys is a bugger!) hoping to start nursing school beginning of the year. Don't know how I will be able to work full time to take care of my amazing wife and two incredible kids and go to nursing school at the same time, but God's made crazier things happen in my life so this one will work out to!
Glad to be aboard. Good luck to you all.
- 0Oct 15, '11 by Keither01Hello guys,
I am an LPN student in New York State. This program is very hard to get into and I was on the waiting list last year and got in this year.
There is only about 20 students in my class and I am the only male in the 1st year class. There are about 3 or 4 males in the 2nd year class.
I am enjoying it very much and doing well so far(90's average).
We have our 1st clinical next weekend at a nursing home and I am a bit uneasy about it as I have never done this before....school work is one thing.