The Guys Club: Guy Students Come on In! - Page 132Register Today!
- Dec 28, '09 by bonestAxYea we're out there. I looked at something the other day that said that 85 percent of nurses are women. but more and more guys are getting into it. out of my class that started with 90 about 15 guys where there. So you shouldn't be alone.
- Jan 7, '10 by leonidasrexI am new. Just bought my $1000 worth of books this morning and picked up my uniforms. I am 37 years old, married with 3 children.
Looking forward to the career change and being here on the forum!
- Jan 8, '10 by redbull68wI think you can see from the number of responses that there are plenty of us out here. I just graduated in December fro an ADN program. Will start in the CCU (critical care unit) at a local hospital as soon as I take the NCLEX.
I was also a non traditional student. I'm 38 with a wife and 2 kids and a job plus National Guard duty which by the way is not one weekend a month/two weeks in the summer! But I love it!!
- Feb 7, '10 by xpozure21Sure but we're the minority. I'm a nursing student in my 3rd yr BSN at WCU in MS and we have 5 males of about 25. I love been around smart women so its kinda fun for me. The upside for me is when I get unfocused they're motherly reflexes get me be back in focus.
- Feb 11, '10 by JDM9281New member to the site, and I'm in my first semester of nursing school. I'm from PA but reside and go to school in MD. I have a bachelors in Exercise Science (from IUP), but that's gotten me nowhere lol. I've been reading this forum the past few days (I'm working on case studies/care plans) and it's definitely helped me.......figured I'd sign up to get the full benefits.
- Apr 10, '10 by tgedwardAnother guy here. Was pre-med for three years with a great GPA. But, I don't want to deal with all the regulatory issues that a MD has to. I also like the idea of having some down time away from medicine.
- Apr 12, '10 by AZTECAI'm a guy... 41 years old... I've been in the healthcare industry 20 years and have long ago reached the glass celing.
I decided to go into nursing and am currently enrolled an finishing up my pre reqs at Grossmont College in San Diego (El Cajon to be more precise, but not expecting you all to know where that is.)
Glad to be here.
- Apr 16, '10 by ejm8984Another guy here, 23, from Lafayette, LA. Pre-nursing student at McNeese State University in Lake Charles, LA this fall. Those who are RNs now, please provide feedback about your student experiences.
- Apr 23, '10 by sidcaseyI am a 38 year old, married with two young children who is starting a 15 month accelerated BSN in program in September. I am a chiropractor who can not wait to do something else with my life. I am so "tired" of the insurance BS, dealing with all the other peripheral garbage as well. Needless to say, I am excited about my new journey, but apprehensive about starting over. I am hoping that personal life will not "totally" intefere with school ( I am realistic).
- Apr 23, '10 by BenGRNHey Azteca, I am also in San Diego. Just finished the OUABSN program and studying for NCLEX. Good Luck! Sid, I am 31, married with 2 kids. Just finished a similar 14 month program. It was the hardest 14 months of my life, but you can do it. It will be over before you know it!