USM ABSN Summer 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 17, '11 by sechrisI calculated how many credits the program is and how much out of state tuition per credit is at USM and it think it came out to be about 46,000 for tuition for the entire program. Plus books and misc. expenses.
I have only applied to one other school in Denver Colorado at Regis. Its a private school so its going to cost me the same to go here or go out of state. im holding off on applying to more schools until I hear from maine. Im an alternate for the school in Denver so Im hoping to not have to apply to anymore schools, its a very daunting task.
- Nov 25, '11 by andrewmorganAny new good news for anyone? Whether it's Maine or anywhere else?
- Nov 28, '11 by tinatacNot yet! I'm hoping we'll be hearing from USM soon since the apps were due
Anyone know about when we'll be hearing?
- Nov 28, '11 by sechristhe admissions counselor at usm nursing said we would have decision letters by end of december. i have read on previous posts however that they have found out online via mainestreet portal early december. so im not sure. but she said by the end of december so not too much longer.
- Nov 29, '11 by bmichellejoynersechris, do you know any specifics about how notifications are sent via mainestreet portal? ie, will they be sent to maine.edu email accounts, or will they appear in the main page area when we log in to the portal? just curious. i'm getting anxious.
also, have you visited cu denver? i'm thinking of maybe looking there... any thoughts?
- Dec 7, '11 by St3veCHey guys just came across this thread. The ABSN program at USM is my top choice and I too am anxiously waiting to hear back from them. I was told yesterday by USM that I should be receiving a letter within the next 10 business days...been checking my mail box daily. One interesting remark: on my application I listed tennis as one of my interests and received an email this past Friday from the head USM tennis coach asking if I would be interested in potentially playing for the school. Not too sure what to think of the email..?
Good luck to everyone!
- Dec 8, '11 by Tweets2011Thanks for update! I've been anxiously waiting to hear if I was accepted. Congrats about the tennis e-mail, that sounds like a pretty positive acceptance!
- Dec 8, '11 by cirrocumulushi everyone! i got a letter in the mail yesterday from USM; my application decision did not show up on the USM email account like i expected it to.
to those who got in: congratulations!!!
to those who did not: it looks like there is a new accelerated BS pilot program with maine medical center, and the application deadline is january 15. maybe you can reapply to that program, it sounds very interesting! it would be good to have experiences at MMC for a job post-grad, i would think. i would recommend sending reference letters, a resume, anything you have that can strengthen your application. are your fall grades in pre-reqs going to be great? send them! i got accepted, and i sent any & all information that could strengthen my app, including recommendation letters, which were not required or even suggested. i think those gestures truly make a difference. hope everyone has good news soon! :-)
- Dec 8, '11 by bellejCongratulations Cirrocumulus! Did anyone else submit recommendations? I called prior to sending in the application and they told me that they would not look at any letters. Did you have prior experience in healthcare?Last edit by bellej on Dec 8, '11
- Dec 8, '11 by tinatacHi everyone!
I got my letter today and I've been accepted!
I did send recommendations. I didn't even realize they weren't required until after I'd sent my app in. I just assumed.
Congrats to everyone!