Just found out I get to start LPN-RN in January!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Just found out I get to start LPN-RN in January! in LPN to RN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Okay, now that I finally found out I got in I am definitely MORE nervous, not less. Now I have to...by nomad nurse Dec 5, '12Okay, now that I finally found out I got in I am definitely MORE nervous, not less. Now I have to start figuring out things like how to tell my current employer (I work 8-5 M-F and obviously won't be able to continue that), get financial aid finalized, go to the orientation, get registered, find books as cheaply as possible, figure out what to do about health insurance, etc....
Its been five and a half years since I finished my LPN. Here we go again...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=800908©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,081 Views
- Dec 12, '12 by prettymicayou can do it !
- Dec 14, '12 by iCamy904Hi. I am in the same predicament as you. I've been a LPN for 6 years and I start the RN program on January 22. I can't wait. I'm very anxious and nervous. Congratulations to us both
- Dec 15, '12 by dorkiexciciwhat college are you guys staring the bridge program at?
- Dec 20, '12 by iCamy904ECC in Buffalo NY
- Dec 23, '12 by Ella26Congrats on your new journey. I just finished my mobility program it was challenging at times but I made it through. Just graduated on last thursday 12/20/12. I did not like being a student again however. You will do just fine. I am a very anxious person, so if I made it through you can too!
- Dec 29, '12 by LadyFree28Congrats ladies!! I graduated in May 2012. Spent 2.5 years doing it. Went back after 5 years as well. Great experiences, glad it's over!!! Don't miss the classroom either...when I go to grad school WWAYYYYYY down the line online for me!!! 😄
When you are in the class room take off your LPN cap and put on your SN cap...you will be expanding your roles, so there will be some things different, however, your familiarity will come in handy!
- Dec 29, '12 by iCamy904Thank you so much for the advice and congratulations to you.
- Dec 31, '12 by shamrokksCongrats! I start my bridge program January 22, 2013. I'm excited and luckily it is a hybrid online, evening program that's extended out to 18 months for people who have to work full time while going to school. It works out perfectly with my work schedule and home life. Good luck to us all!