which LVN program to chooseRegister Today!
- by rmota0001 Feb 19How do I know which programs are good. I know for RN programs I can look up the passing rate of the students but where do I find something for LVN programs?
- Feb 21 by Twinkle007In Cali you'll find it here http://www.bvnpt.ca.gov/pdf/vn_pass_rates_08_q2_12.pdf
- Feb 21 by libran1984Make sure any program you attend is NLN accredited!!
- Feb 21 by TheCommuterQuote from libran1984Based on the use of the title 'LVN,' the OP is either in California or Texas.Make sure any program you attend is NLN accredited!!
There are no NLN-accredited LVN programs in California out of 200+ programs in the state. I know this because I attended the last NLN-accredited LVN program remaining in California and the school lost its accreditation 6 months prior to our graduation date.
The last time I looked it up, Texas had only three NLN-accredited LVN programs.
- Feb 22 by Twinkle007Helllo The commuter --- I have a question out of curiosity(since I am in LA and just enrolled in lvn prog) , why there are no NLN accredited programs in CA , and what is the difference if the LVN program is NLN accredited?
- Feb 22 by TheCommuterQuote from Twinkle007I cannot speak for all 200+ LVN programs in CA. However, none of them have NLN accreditation at this time if you check the NLNAC website and verify. The school that I attended lost its NLN accreditation in 2005 due to not having enough instructors with MSNs (master of science degree in nursing) on staff.why there are no NLN accredited programs in CA ,
Quote from Twinkle007Some LPN-to-RN programs in other states issue advanced credit to LPNs who graduated from NLN-accredited programs. Other LPN-to-RN programs in different states shy away from admitting LPNs who graduated from programs that were not NLN-accredited. The NLN accreditation appears to not be a big deal in CA, though.and what is the difference if the LVN program is NLN accredited?
- Feb 23 by Twinkle007thank you , got it