Completed 1st semesterRegister Today!
- by CatLee128 Dec 12, '12I just completed my fist semester of my LPN program. I took fundamentals, pharm, and health assessment, and came out with straight B's. I know that I should be happy but I feel so disappointed in myself. I know B's are usually considered good, but are they good enough in nursing school? I guess I just need some encouragement!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=802183©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 520 Views
- Dec 12, '12 by samanthacummingsMy PN instructor told us that some of the BEST nurses are B/C students, so I commend you on achieving those Bs and I know you are discouraged now, but many didn't make it as far as you did...Keep up the Great work.
- Dec 12, '12 by skighlerI'm sure you put in a lot of time and effort and did the absolute best you could. I'm only in 2 weeks and I already found out for myself that nursing school is not easy at all, but nothing worth having comes easy! At that, I also commend you on making it through the first semester and with B's to add!
- Dec 13, '12 by CatLee128Thank you! It is a very tough program and I should be happy with how far I've come! It has been a hard semester, but the hard work did pay off! There are quite a few people in my class who won't be in med-surg next semester. It does prove how difficult it can be. Good luck to you on starting the program!
- Dec 13, '12 by DivaLaJuicyI know exactly how you feel I hate B's and strive for A's last sememster I got all A's and 1 B (89) so close to an A but I took it and ran. I understand that you work so hard and would like an A BUT, B's are good and passing and are better than C's and failing, B= Nurse, when you graduate, you will not be thinking about your B's and or grades, the only thing that will matter is passing your boards AND, the best nurses and B and C students so just think about those things good luck
- Dec 13, '12 by prettymicaWhen I was in LPN school B's where a luxury when the final was 40 percent of your total grade. Be glad and rejoice in it HUGS!
- Dec 13, '12 by Compassion_xBs are totally fine. What really matters is passing your NCLEX. As in my program are pretty hard to attain at 94.5%
- Dec 14, '12 by Neese80!Quote from CatLee128You are doing great! A nurses and C nurses with the same degree out of school both make great money! Remember thatI just completed my fist semester of my LPN program. I took fundamentals, pharm, and health assessment, and came out with straight B's. I know that I should be happy but I feel so disappointed in myself. I know B's are usually considered good, but are they good enough in nursing school? I guess I just need some encouragement!