Is anyone attending Lincoln Tech (Edison, NJ)this June? - page 3
Well today I completed my enrollment with Lincoln Tech, Edison NJ will be starting the day full time program. Wanted to know if anyone else would be attending as well?:yeah:... Read More
- 0May 11, '09 by NycCutieLincoln tech usually gives you a list of places that give the CPR classes and most of them were free but some do have a fee but I don't think it is as much as $100.00 but ask them.I am not attending the edison campus, I will be attending the paramus campus but we can all keep each other posted since we should all be graduating the same time next year.Good luck ladies.
- 0May 11, '09 by brownQTNewlpn Chic: That was our pinning ceremony. Its graduation to us because we have no intentions on attending the graduation this month. There will be criminal justice grads, medical assistants, etc. We wanted something specific for nurses so went with the pinning ceremony. It was a nice event
- 0May 11, '09 by brownQTGuys I wish you all well. Give it 100% because you have to pass the nclex! Always keep that in mind when you're studying! Read everything even when the test is on only certain things. This way when you are done with your studies and nclex is the last hurdle... you will be fine. Some didn't do that and now they are pushing nclex off for 3 months. Ridiculous to study the same content twice. Do it right the first time. I did and it wasn't that bad. Took my nclex as soon as it was available to take and passed. Not bragging just telling you so you too can do the same.
- 1May 17, '09 by NycCutieQuote from brownQTThanks for all the advise It would of been nice to be in a class with youI wish you all the best in your brand new career GO on dance girlu deserve it:urck:Guys I wish you all well. Give it 100% because you have to pass the nclex! Always keep that in mind when you're studying! Read everything even when the test is on only certain things. This way when you are done with your studies and nclex is the last hurdle... you will be fine. Some didn't do that and now they are pushing nclex off for 3 months. Ridiculous to study the same content twice. Do it right the first time. I did and it wasn't that bad. Took my nclex as soon as it was available to take and passed. Not bragging just telling you so you too can do the same.
- 0May 19, '09 by Jenn3250Hi All .. Congratulations to the recent grads and good luck to the new students!!
I am planning to attend Lincoln Tech in Edison starting this September and am scheduled o take the entrance exam tomorrow .. Does anyone have advice/opinion on the entrance exam? Does Lincoln provide a respectable education?
- 0May 19, '09 by NycCutieTo tell you the honest truth the entrance exam is not as bad as everyone says it is.There is an english section that basically test your knowledge of understanding like reading paragraphs then answering questions or fill in the blanks for sentences.Then another language arts section that's basically similar to the english they give your specific words or phrases and asks you if it needs to be corrected or left as is and gives you multiple choices of which one you feel is the right one.The math has two sections basic algebra and math computations I beleive the math computations they let you use a calculator for but don't quote me.If you are not good with the algebra study thos fractions and decimals there were a lot of those on the test.Now as for the education it is what you make of it.This is my second module and I can't say the school is the best some of the teachers sucks but I am attending the paramus campus so I can only speak for that.But be prepared to do a lot of self study depending on your teachers just read read read and you should be able to stay on top so no matter how crappy your teacher is it won't matter because you know the material on the test.It also helps if you get along with you classmates it is a much smoother ride because you study together and help each other out you shouldn't compete because your all going for the same goal.I would be happy to answer any questions you have!As long as its not about graduation because I am nowhere near that yet
- 0May 20, '09 by Jenn3250Thanks so much for your response!
Well .. I did great on the english portion, but not so much on the math! lol - no big surprise there!! They gave me a study guide for help - which is much appreciated! Next Saturday I can re-test the math, but have to complete some remeadial exercises first .. ahh high school all over again!
Lots of decimals, fractions and percentages and no calculater permitted.