Any Private LPN programs in MD,VA,PA or DCRegister Today!
- by Ash25ley Dec 4, '12Hi!
I am a PCT and I'm ready to go further in my nursing career but all these prereq's are driving me crazy I live in MD and although I've heard there are no private LPN schools here I was just wondering if maybe anyone has heard of one that jut isn't advertised. Also I've heard of a few in the surrounding areas like UDC in DC and LCCTC in PA, if anyone has had or has heard of a experience with these schools or any others please share them with me PLEASE !!! Also is it hard to get a job in MD if you go to a out of state school? Are they accredited and are the credits transferable? Any and I mean ANY info will be greatly appreciated because I am truly frustrated with prereq's and being a tech but that's a whole different topic lol Thanks.
- Dec 5, '12 by skighlerrI am not sure if you are referring to Career Technology Center of Lackawanna County when you said LCCTC but I am currently in the program and I love it already. I just started Monday of this week! It's a lot of work and the material is tough but that comes with the field. I would highly recommend the program, it is a very well known and respected practical nursing program.
- Dec 6, '12 by Ash25leyNo I was referring to The Lancaster County Career & Technology Center but thanks for another reference!
- Dec 7, '12 by mom2many2012I am attending LCCTC (Lebanon County CTC) and its going really well.
- Dec 7, '12 by skighlerThere is one program that I would stay away from and that is the LPN program at Fortis Institute. Fortis institute is accredited by the accrediting bureau on health education schools. As far as nursing is concerned you really want the intitution to be accreditied by the NLN or national league of nursing.
- Dec 7, '12 by Ash25leyQuote from NRSKarenRN
It's the time frame!! I just get frustrated with all the prerequisites because it makes a program that should only be 12 months into almost 2 years and honestly I'm just pretty eager to get it over with lol... btw has anyone heard anything about Standard Healthcare Services?
It's in VA and is board approved and it has candidacy status for the NLN it seems pretty legit but I am still curious to hear someones experience that attended.