Wound Care CertificationRegister Today!
- by TheCloser Jul 27, '10Hey guys, I wanted to know if there are programs/courses that i can register for to get wound certified? I'm located in the San Fernando valley area in CA, so if anyone knows of anything please let me know. Thank you
- Jul 30, '10 by LisaMarieLVNQuote from TheCloserHey guys, I wanted to know if there are programs/courses that i can register for to get wound certified? I'm located in the San Fernando valley area in CA, so if anyone knows of anything please let me know. Thank you
Hi there! I have attended the course with Wound Care Education Institute and then took the WCC exam with National Alliance of Wound Care and got my certification. It is one of the best courses I have ever attended in my career. I apply things I learned in that class every day. Best part is, if I get stuck, I have clinical support. I needed to call them for clinical support last week and actually got help from Nancy, one of the owners of the company. It is an investment that will pay for itself over and over during my career. They are in California a lot. The website is www.wcei.net. Let me know how it goes!~ The WCC credential is the best going right now!
- Jul 30, '10 by belgarionHow many years experience do you need before you can get your certification? The couple of online programs I checked out require two or three years health care experience before you can test.
- Aug 3, '10 by LisaMarieLVNHi there! With the NAWC, WCC certification, which I have, you can get certified with little or no experience through their preceptor pathway. I think you should call them for information. I looked up the number 877-922-6292.
- Aug 3, '10 by belgarionThanks
- Aug 9, '10 by lorettapAnyone know anything about Wound Care Educators and their Wound Care Certification Course? I have checked out both websites and the prices are very different so any input would be greatly appreciated. I want to take the best course I can. I think this is a good field to be certified in an believe it will open many new doors , any input out there on job potential? As always I look forward to everyones input, I value all of your opinions and have gotten excellent input from other questions I have posted.
- Aug 16, '10 by Teresa'sblueangelI will start my LPN program this Fall. I also want to have the certification in Wound care. Ever since working with a wound specialist in the hospital I used to work at, I have had a tremendous interest in this field. From the research I have done, the sites I looked at said you needed at least 3 years experience to apply for the class. I really hope I can take the class once I start working as a LPN.