Pay for LPN's in Dallas
- 0Apr 19, '13 by sasha_swtheartHi!! I'm moving to Dallas soon and would like to know the average pay for LVN's with one year of experience. Thanks!
- 0Apr 19, '13 by JulieVN:)I also live in Dallas and just passed boards so I'm not working yet but my cousin graduated last month and started at a LTC facility at $20.00hr. I have heard of a few other LTC starting out at $25 if yoy do weekend doubles. Thats new grad pay so I'm not sure with experience
- 0Apr 19, '13 by TheCommuter, ASN, RN Senior ModeratorIt depends on the setting in which you'll be working. . .
1. Acute care hospitals are the lowest-paying, $14 to $17 hourly
2. LTC facilities pay anywhere from $18 to $25, depending on the company
3. Home health starts at about $20 per visit
4. Private duty and hospice pay between $19 and $25 hourly
5. Clinics pay between $15 and $19 per hour
Since everyone (and their mama) has been relocating to the Dallas metro area over the past few years, the LVN job market has become increasingly tight.
- 0Apr 20, '13 by CNLLVNI moved to Dallas right after finishing LVN school and lived there for 4 months sent in several apps and got one call back. It was not the easiest place to find jobs due to the amount of lvn programs in Dallas pouring out new grads. Needless to say I had to move to a different town..