Has anyone ever started a nursing job & quit it within a couple weeks?Register Today!
- by sauzie Mar 6Has anyone ever started a nursing job to only quit it within at most a couple weeks for a different job opportunity? If so, how did you handle quitting the first one? Any advice would be much appreciated!
- Mar 6 by reeveslpnI did not to long ago. Just tell the truth. I told them I was sorry and very thankful for the opportunity, but another offer came up that was more beneficial for my career in the long term. They understood and even offerd to write a letter of recommendation for me. I think if your honest they'll understand. Good Luck.
- Mar 6 by dlynn34LPNNo i haven't done that... But some advice is just tell the truth and they will understand..as a nurse you may change jobs according to your want for skills or what fits your lifestyle.. You have to do what's best for you.
- Mar 6 by andreasmom02Yep, I have, twice. The first two LPN jobs I ever had were terrible places to work! They were poorly managed, extremely under staffed, and I was BEYOND over worked. I quit without notice at both jobs. I don't recommend doing this though. I wish I had given at least 2 weeks notice. That would've been the professional thing to do. I do not list these 2 jobs on my resume though. I would just be honest, & give your two weeks notice.
- Mar 7 by sauzieThanks for the advice! I've not started yet, I have orientation this upcoming week and will be training for probably the next month from what it sounds like. I've done something similar to this once since getting my license in January. I accepted a PT job at a LTC facility, then got offered a clinic job. The LTC lady was SO understanding and sweet about it. I'm just so conflicted with this situation bc I feel almost like I'm cheating the first job into training me. But on the other hand, the other isn't a for sure thing, otherwise I wouldn't have such a conundrum.
Even though I would still be in training should I give a 2 week notice if this comes to fruition or just tell them that I'm sorry, but a better offer has come along??