All The Duties of an LPN - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 26, '05 by missnurse01hey sweetmom! congrats on starting this nursing journey..i would advise checking in deeply into the different practice acts and interview lpns in your state (try to state boards here too)-many times what you think you are going to be doing when in school is hard to find when you are out and you are left with thinking of going back to school again for your rn...just something to think about! after saying that-i work in the ER here in georgia and the only thing i can't do is triage. in this state the law is very liberal-we can do it all, manage all the drips, heart meds, etc, even shock people without a problem...just get paid less! so happy studying for you and please interview some current nurses in your area!
- Apr 29, '05 by angelwings44Quote from lizscott nurseHi, where are you located in Ohio an what facility do you work with the A.L. if you dont mind me asking. I used to work in A.L. as well.Hello! Welcome to the nursing profession! : ) LPN duties vary according to area and type of position. I am currently a charge nurse in a 31 bed assisted living facility. I am responsible for admissions including all paper work, vital signs, treatments (dressing changes, aerosols, topicals etc), charting, medication administration, all contact with families (keeping them informed)
and doctors, take doctor's orders and process, supervision of Resident Aides, scheduling appointments, assessments, assist with resident care as needed.
I fornunately do not have to find replacements for call off at this facility, which can be very time consuming. We always have an On Call person from
administration who we contact for call offs. Good luck in your career!
- May 1, '05 by dianasQuote from angelwings44No I am from Florida at the present time I am working in rehab nursing. I was doing all hospital nursing in Virginia but since I moved to florida I found the wages are not as good so that is why I changed the line of work. I like this also. The money is goodHi, where are you located in Ohio an what facility do you work with the A.L. if you dont mind me asking. I used to work in A.L. as well.
- May 1, '05 by Marie_LPN, RNCan we sticky this thread? This would be a great sticky for the LPN/LVN forum.
- May 1, '05 by dianasQuote from Marie_LPNI guess you can I guess I'm not sure as to what you are talking about sorryCan we sticky this thread? This would be a great sticky for the LPN/LVN forum.
- May 1, '05 by Marie_LPN, RNA sticky is where a moderator fixes a thread so that it always stays at the top of the list on a forum.