louisiana technical college - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 4, '04 by ddc101Believe it or not Lynn I have been to where you live.I visited a small pentecostal church with some friends.That was a neat place.So much water.I also grew up in Franklin.So I know where you are going to work.I love Franklin.I sometimes long for the bayou and the stately oaks.Now I live in fields and fields of rice...sigh....oh well you can't have it all.
- Aug 5, '04 by GodswillU guys have me laughing, about bayous and accents. I live in Breux Bridge, we are surrounded by bayous,:0. Every time i go some where they ar elike wow u have a heavy accent
- Aug 5, '04 by ddc101I guess you do if you are a native of Breaux Bridge.Hey most people cannot even pronounce Breaux.Good to meet you.
- Aug 8, '04 by CindyJRNHey, but don't forget your sisters here in Northwest Louisiana. My accent may be more redneck than cajun, but I am proud to be from the Bayou state! I graduated from an LTC program back when it was "vocational-technical institute". I attended the Minden campus, which used to be known for its NCLEX pass rates, but I don't know about the last few years. Anyway, I am always excited to share info and offer encouragement to those of you pursuing or extending your nursing education. I live in Keatchie and work in Shreveport. I love to travel our great state and have visited all of your hometowns at somepoint. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!! :chuckle
- Aug 9, '04 by ddc101Hey I know where Shreveport is.Not all that far away.
- Aug 15, '04 by CindyJRNSo, what kind of nursing specialty are all of you interested in practicing? I worked in nursing homes for my 12 years as an LPN. I learned alot about assessment and documentation during those years. Nursing homes get such a bad rap for LPNs, because of the patient loads and amount of meds to be given. It definitely is not for everyone! I have loved every minute of working in a hospital. I was intimidated in the beginning, but I was welcomed into the fold, so to speak.
- Aug 16, '04 by ddc101Hi I do mostly home health and private duty of critical care peds.I love both the elderly and children.Its very rewarding but can sometimes get hectic.