Lady of the Lake Accelerated ASN - page 5
by lagrl1974 53,082 Views | 617 Comments
Hi. I am very interested in the accelerated ASN program at Our Lady of the Lake in Baton Rouge. Can anyone give me any information on this program? I've seen the information that is available online. However, I am looking for... Read More
- 1Oct 29, '10 by curiousKayPeeAliB-It's ok, we are all here to help each other out, so any info each of us has, can help us piece this whole mystery together. I was also told that its 3 semester, with the last semester being a lighter load and not as long as the other two. Does anyone know about the uniforms? Do we purchase our own and put a patch on them or are they issued?
- 0Oct 29, '10 by AliB1205Thanks for letting me know. I really don't want to sound like a snoot but I had been hoping to live with someone in their 20's, for a change. I've lived for the past year and a half with people who are significantly older than me and we found that our lifestyles clashed a bit too much I think. Good luck in the search!
- 0Nov 5, '10 by whodat1986Not sure if y'all are still looking for the tuition costs, but I'm in the Tulane program that started in July. We paid between $2,000 and $3,000 for summer semester, $6,000 for fall semester, and will pay another $6,000 or so for spring semester. As far as books go, so far I've paid nearly $200 for each class (that's almost $200/5-6 weeks) but I recently found out that buying the older edition books off amazon is significantly cheaper and is essentially the same book as the newer edition. My 2 textbooks for the last class only cost $40.
- 0Nov 5, '10 by CathyMcDALiB1205 no problem I completely understand. Anyway things have changed for me dramatically in the last week; My Mom was diagnosed with cancer and I am the primary caregiver here so I am going to stay here and go to nursing school - I got accepted locally the day after we found out and I knew I was not going to get to go to NO so I guess it all works out for the best. It will take me longer but with my Mom's condition I would have never made it down there worrying about her and feeling guilty because I wasn't here to support her. Prognosis is very good but working for an oncologist I know what she has facing her for the next several months.
Good luck to all of you!!!
- 0Nov 8, '10 by curiousKayPeewhodat1986-When it was time for payment, was a payment plan on option? I'm asking so I will know how to plan. Also, what would you wish you had known before you began the program? I'm relocating temporary to complete the program and I am trying to be as prepared as I can. Can we purchase our own uniforms ahead of time, I know some schools have particular colors but require a patch on the sleeve? I hope to begin Sept 2011 @the East Jeff location. Thanks in advance, as much info I can have before will be greatly appreciated.
- 0Nov 9, '10 by whodat1986Not sure about the payment plan. Just about everyone I know in the class was offered loans that nearly covered the costs of tuition, even if they didn't actually use the loans.
What do I wish I would have known before? Hmm. It's not nearly as difficult as everyone told me going into it, although it has started to get a little time-consuming. Studying the book and notes and knowing them by heart will most likely NOT get you an A (although if it comes down to differences in the book vs. the notes, go with the notes). There are usually some questions on the test that you will be completely unprepared for no matter what you do. You have to learn to let those go. Also, I don't really think studying ahead of time would have done any good. What else? I guess be prepared for anything. The schedule is constantly changing so it's probably best to know now that you won't be able to make plans until you graduate.
As far as the uniforms, I think you can buy the tops (white with Our Lady of the Lake embroidered on the chest) at Uniforms by Bayou or at the school bookstore in Baton Rouge. You can buy the pants anywhere as long as you get the galaxy blue color they require. And I recommend this because the pants they will give you at the campus bookstore are both hideous and uncomfortable.