- by brian Aug 17, '03Hi everyone! I just thought I'd start the new State forums off with an introduction thread. Please feel free to reply to this thread if you wish. Otherwise, feel free to start a new topic if you wish to discuss other topics that are local or state related. Enjoy!
- Aug 27, '03 by twinmom2kHi,
I live in So. Indiana and work in Louisville, KY. I have been an LPN for 9 years and will be going back to school next spring for my RN.
Hope to see more nurses from KY post soon!!
- Sep 3, '03 by BBFRNHi! I have been an LPN for 6 years, and am almost done with my ASN. I work in a local teaching hospital in Downtown Louisville, and have been there on and off (left once and came back) for about 4 years.
I know there are more Ky nurses on here- I've seen them!
- Sep 7, '03 by perfectbluebuildingsHi! I am not from KY, from TN actually, but I am going to school in KY, at Berea College. It's an awesome school and a great nursing program. I am in my third year, graduate May 2005 hopefully. Any other KY students out there?
- Sep 7, '03 by BBFRNHi, Rayrae! I am sooo jealous of you! I wanted to go to Berea right out of high school, but had to stay local. You guys are doing great things there! Are you planning on staying in Berea when you graduate? I hear that working as a nurse in "them there hills" can be very interesting. Is it true that they still do door-to-door community work there?
- Sep 8, '03 by perfectbluebuildingsHi, lgflamini! Thanks for the encouragement! I may stay in Berea, or go back home to TN, I haven't decided yet! I love it here though! In our classes, we do a lot of community nursing. We are assigned a family in our second semester of our sophomore year and follow them through the rest of the time here, I think, doing assessment and education. We also do a lot of health fairs and in our senior year, do a community assessment and have the opportunity to start a pilot project if we find a serious need and figure out a way to address it. Like, a couple of years ago two nursing students found that many senior citizens in the area don't have their own vehicles anymore and there is no public transportation in the area, so they conceived of a project where college student and community volunteers are organized by schedule and drive seniors to dr. appointments, stores, etc. It's really taking off, too! This is just an incredible place to be.
- Sep 8, '03 by nursepammiHello Currently working as an LPN in Connecticut (near the casinos and shoreline) but planning to relocate spring/summer 2004. A co-worker has recommended I investigate KY, so here I am, snooping around. And... nice little place ya got here!
- Sep 10, '03 by peglegpegYou don`t want to come here! I`ve been here a year, and I`ve nearly lost my mind over the nursing shortage down here. It is simply incredible!
- Sep 10, '03 by peglegpegHey, Pamela! Here I am, in Alexandria! PLP
- Sep 11, '03 by nursepammiYou can't leave me hanging after a comment like that!! Go on and give me the details, please
I've worked short often enough up here in CT, too. What qualifies as "incredible" ?