Galen's PAX-RN Test?
- 1Aug 10, '09 by wishinguponastarLPNHello all,
Has anyone taken Galen's new PAX-PN test?? I will be taking it this Saturday :uhoh21: and was wondering if anyone could tell me their experience. Thanks!Last edit by wishinguponastarLPN on Aug 10, '09
- 7,577 Visits
- 1Aug 12, '09 by mommyo5Hello again,
You may not get too many responses to this since this test is so new at Galen Louisville. You can actually find quite a bit of info on it by just putting PAX-PN into the search bar. It comes up with several people from other schools that have taken this test. It is the same test just different schools. I hope this was helpful and I am sure you will do fine!
- 0Aug 12, '09 by wishinguponastarLPNYeah that's what I was afraid of. I went to the Louisville Library to see if I could find a study guide (I really don't want to buy one) but I was only able to find a study guide for the PCAT for Pharmacy School. I went ahead and grabbed it...I don't think it would be too different from the PCAT for nursing school....right???
- 1Aug 12, '09 by mommyo5I'm not sure what's in the book you received but I did find some info from another post. I will paste it here for you to take a look.
"hey!...i took the pax pn on sat nov.15...i was nervous too but i think since i had recently taken another entrance exam for an rn program i kinda had an idea of what to expect. basically i studied from an nln-rn review book and i did good. The basic math and english should be studied....(reading passages and inferring main ideas, vocabulary, fractions, decimals, proportions, etc)....the science was a combination of cell biology, gen. chem, and some physics....so review that as well......an important thing is to not spend too much time on one question.
if i remember correctly: english section- 80 ques.-60 min
math section- 60 ques- 60min
science- 80 ques- 60 min
nd the whole test was on the computer.....(something i didnt kno....lol)"
I hope this helps!
- 0Aug 14, '09 by wishinguponastarLPNThanks Miss Gwen, once I actually opened the book up I realized it wasn't at all what I needed. I did get a different book that is a study guide specifically for Nursing School Entrance Exams like the PAX-PN.
I go in the morning to take it and I have been studying all week!
I am feeling pretty good about it. The good news is I plan to attend Galen at night. I know it will take longer but unfortunately I HAVE to work during the day, so this was my only option. Anyway, my admissions person told me there are several slots still open and basically as long as I pass the exam I shouldn't have a problem with being accepted for the October class. I am just really hoping I don't get test anxiety!