- 0Hello everyone. This is my first post in the forum..
i am from morocco and i live legally in the US. I am a registered nurse in morocco and i am applying for the visa screen through CGFNS international. I passed the IELTS language test and my school from back home sent them all the transcripts and documents they need. I paid the fees also..
My question is: what will be the next step and am i going in the right path?? Do i have to take both NCLEX and the CGFNS test? Do CGFNS give me some classes to take before the exam???
please help me and tell me the step by step process to get a work visa or a green card through this process please!!
thank you for responding
- 0Jan 15 by Silverdragon102 AdminWhat status are you living in the US? Many states will let you sit the NCLEX without a US SSN however many will not issue a license without a US SSN. There lies the issue. Depending on state will depend on what an International trained nurse will have to do to meet requirements. Only a small handful now require the CGFNS exam most just require CES which is an evaluation of transcripts
- 0Jan 16 by Silverdragon102 AdminOnce you have passed NCLEX by meeting state requirements then you have to find a employer willing to go the H1b route (as long as you have a BSN or 12 years work experience) who unless job is not affected by the cap can not file until April 1st and you if lucky to get a work visa can not start working until Oct. You can look for a emploer for immigrant visa however you will have to wait for your PD to be current before you can work and like I said before nurses generally come under EB3 which has a few years waiting on it.
Institutes not affected by the cap
- A not for profit institution of higher education
- A not for profit entity related or affiliated to an institution of higher education
- A not for profit research organization or a governmental research organization
- 0Jan 16 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from Miae 88No. You have to qualify for a non-immigrant work visa or immigrant visa and be granted the visa. Even then you won't be issued a SSN until you physically arrive in the US on your visa.My status as an F2 doesn't allow me to apply for a SSN.. So i cannot take the NCLEX! What if i take the CGFNS exam, and visa screen then will I be able to get a SSN??? And a take the NCLEX??
The CGFNS exam is only required for 3 or so states and is irrelevant to states that do not require it of IENs. I don't believe you can be issued a visa screen as a nurse if you don't have evidence of passing the NCLEX.
- 1Jan 16 by Silverdragon102 AdminVisa screen will be issued if you pass NCLEX or CGFNS exam however it will not get you a US SSN for that you need a valid work/immigrant visa. Some states will allow you to register, meet requirements and sit NCLEX without a US SSN however they may not issue a license until you get a SSN
- 0Jan 21 by Miae 88okay, i am super confused now.
getting a license require a SSN. and getting a work visa require having a valid license in the US
CGFNS exam will not allow me to apply for work visa neither..
so how do nurses be eligible to work in the us usually? how the process should be like?
the cgfns web site says that the cgfns certificate will allow me to get a work visa, then take the NCLEX to be able to get a job.
but everybody is saying that taking cgfns exam is waste of time and money.
i am really confused and dont don't what to do..
please please tell me step by step process that i should go with.. i passed the IELTS language test and send application and documents to cgfns to be evaluated. whats next?????? please